• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: What does everyone's significant others think of 02 ob

Guest Anonymous

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Not only that, but what do they think of the obsession with cars in general too? Rob's post about getting married sparked this question. How many of us out there have significant others(GF, wife, etc) that approve or even like our hobby or should I say lifestyle? My GF likes cars and loves the 02 but hates the fact that I spend ALL(at least that's wat she thinks) my time working on, thinking about, or making plans for the completion of my '72. I guess she's a bit jealous and wants more time for her. Can't blame her though cuz she just wants to spend more time with a great guy like me! Heh. ;-) Anyway, just wondering. Happy 02ing all!

Alvin Caragay

BMWCCA# 156055

'72 BMW 2002

'97 Toyota Tacoma

'90 Yamaha FZR400

Guest Anonymous

I don't really have an obsession with cars, just this "cute little car". I had been searching (on and off) for the last 8 years for an '02. Due to job changes, moving, marriage, two children, two dogs, etc., Chuck's "dream" always got put on the back burner. Well, a year and half ago, Chuck got his dream for $500. Now he is a "happy camper" and putters into the night after the kids are gone to bed. I guess she figures that's when we should have "couple time"--yeah, just a couple more minutes and I'll be in from the garage!!

In summary, when things are going well at home, she is "happy that we were able to find your dream car so cheap". When I haven't done my share around the house, it's more like "that's all you do is work on THAT car. You wouldn't care if the kids and I left you as long as you have your car." I must admit that things are on the going well side currently, due to the car being stored away in the garage and it's too damn cold here in WI to go and work on it at 10pm in an unheated garage. Look out once the temperatures warm up and the snow melts!!

Sorry for the long rant!!

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

2002 Pontiac Grand Am. She's a Mary Kay lady. What a pile. Slow, sloppy in turns, too damn small to get into. Cannot get a comfy and safe driving feeling in it. Can't see out. At least I don't have to fix it. Shes the type that would just open the hood, throw in money and drive before the money falls out.

Guest Anonymous

Mine thinks the car has "lots of character". She is now spotting the 02s during her day and telling me about them. When I first got the car she wasn't impressed at all- she thought I was nuts for getting it

Guest Anonymous

.....She is very cool about the 02 thing. The first time she saw one (before we had an 02) she said "what kind of car is that!" as we rolled by an Inka roundie. When I told her we might be able to afford buying one she was amazed (to her a quirky car with round headlights that look like eyes is way more valuble than being new or having a/c or anything.)

............... Heck, a good example of her grace is riding in the back with no seat and some sway bars back there; sitting on the floor. My friend gets in the front seat after asking "don't you want the front" and says, "boy you are low maintenance". Of course there are crazy other issues, but the 02 is not one of them.

Cosine

Guest Anonymous

my wife. She really is quite understanding, although I do drive her crazy with it sometimes. She just doesn't see the need for me to have more then a couple 02s.

Todd Kiger

Guest Anonymous

It deals more along the lines of you either like my dog and my cars or you don't like me. Never let a woman come between your dog or your car. Those are mans best friends. I nice set of tits helps but can't replace the thrill of drifting an 02 out on a dirt road sliding through a corner at 45mph or getting the autox racer up on 2 wheels to clear that last cone in the slalom to beat someone by .04 of a second.. THe feeling that you gave 110% and it paid off in a big way. Most GF's just don't give you that feeling everyday :) Yeah so I had to get all philosophical on the question. Just trying to kill time :)

Party On

Kris

Guest Anonymous

Although she could really care less about cars (Except old Ghias and the new Mini) she is amazingly patient. I know this weekend in SC will be pushing her limits of tolerance - but she's right there with me.

She even approved my $8000 restoration - hell - how damn amazing is that!

Paul

Maximill..

Guest Anonymous

Life is not a dress rehearsal.

The very top of the list of goals includes:

- Owning a good dog again

- Driving my 1600/2002 until the wheels fall off of it

- Putting them back on and driving it even more

- Drag strip Friday, street races Saturday, dry lakes Sunday, club day Monday, and work on Tuesday - all in the same car.

The list does NOT include:

- Trying to impress my friends with some stupid babe.

- Having to weigh out a decision between autocross this weekend or holiday weekend with HER damn relatives.

- Being forced to explain and justify my love for cars and racing in order to get the time to pursue such loves.

Intolerant?

Maybe.

-g

Guest Anonymous

selling as part of a major garage cleaning. Reminded me that the car was "my baby" when she came into my life 10 years ago. She is very supportive of my car habit, allowing me to track my M3, seriously offroad my 4x4, etc. All that she aked for is her own BMW.