HarryBMW

2002ti Ti 10" Hub Cap Set

10 posts / 345 viewsLast Reply

Those are unique to the early 1600 / 1602 cars... they will not be super easy to find. I'm thankful that Steve Petersen at BluntTech was kind enough to send me a set of patana'd ones a couple years ago. They dent/damage EXTREMELY easily... like EVERY TIME YOU INSTALL THEM... so proceed with that knowledge. They're stainless so even rough ones can be polished... but they deform and dent with hand pressure when installed.

Here's a photo of them fitted to 5" tii wheels on my own rig:

IMG_8072.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking for similar dish hubcaps to the ones listed in image. 

Thanks!

Screenshot-21-830x553.png.fec00fbffba4239f8df0cb346dbaa00e.png

Harry,

They’re not special 2002ti hubcaps. They’re simply hubcaps and they were standard equipment on all 1600-2’s in 1966 through 1968. You had to order the trim ring (a.k.a., “wheel embellisher”) as an extra cost option. I believe the very earliest 2002’s might have also employed this two-part approach consisting of hubcap and trim ring, but then, in late 1968 or early 1969 (?), BMW switched to the one-piece full wheel cover.

The car you’ve shown is a 1966 or 1967 1600-2.

Regards,

Steve

(edited)

I believe they are still manufactured. Check their website.. Panasport wheels in Torrance , California.. sorry I don’t have their web address. They come in different styles and can be custom made. IIRC
Cheers,
Matt

Website    www.panasport.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Schnellvintage
added info

Harry,

They’re not special 2002ti hubcaps. They’re simply hubcaps and they were standard equipment on all 1600-2’s in 1966 through 1968. You had to order the trim ring (a.k.a., “wheel embellisher”) as an extra cost option. I believe the very earliest 2002’s might have also employed this two-part approach consisting of hubcap and trim ring, but then, in late 1968 or early 1969 (?), BMW switched to the one-piece full wheel cover.

The car you’ve shown is a 1966 or 1967 1600-2.

Regards,

Steve

Looks like @02princess 's Derby in Jay Leno's "rumpus room"

• Like 1