• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

clutch pipe install

dooce

working on my pedal box rebuild and am unsure how this all goes together. I've search the tech articles and didnt see anything, and all of the threads Ive read mention it but are not clear on where the little split tube grommet piece goes. Can anyone tell me?

pics coming?

yes, I am familiar with realoem and thats where I got the part numbers from. I have all new parts. The clutch master cylinder has a thick rubber grommet that I know the flared end of the plastic feed pipe fits down in to. my problem is what to do with the little split tube grommet thing. Im not sure if it fits around the flare somehow, or just sits just above the flare, or if for some reason I dont even need it. 

Dunno. Someone else should chime in. :P Maybe that is the "plug" referred to in the attached photo... If you push the hose in, does the rubber sleeve fit as a friction fit? It is a gravity fed line and just has to not let any air in during operation, I think....

image.thumb.png.f4ec1cc1636c1031716d8bf4a3294905.png

'74 Verona

that split tube grommet is for the feed

tube were it goes thru the inner fender

support about 10-12 inches above the

clutch master cylinder. it has no function

in the fluid part of the system at or below

the clutch master cylinder. there is a little

two pronged fold-over type tubing stay

that it is used in.

stone

• Like 1

stone racing co

phila pa 19123

ahh... that makes sense. I was going use some rubber hose split in a similar fashion wherever I needed it for that. by "inner fender support" you're referring to the piece that bolts to the booster/brake master cylinder and inner fender? is there only one of the fold-over clamps that I need to look out for? is anyone able to describe the routing of this tube? 

Ok, it's maybe just me but I like it simple and the OEM method of trying to fit that flared end into the grommet sucks. 

Use a plastic angle nipple-like that found in your brake booster's master and then attach the metal line via silicone hose at both ends. 

#7 if ya don;t know what I mean.  BTW this diagram is for the e36 but it's the same damn thing.  

but what do I know 

Picture 1 of 1

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know

Ok, it's maybe just me but I like it simple and the OEM method of trying to fit that flared end into the grommet sucks. 

Use a plastic angle nipple-like that found in your brake booster's master and then attach the metal line via silicone hose at both ends. 

#7 if ya don;t know what I mean.  BTW this diagram is for the e21 but it's the same damn thing.  

but what do I know 

Picture 1 of 1

I like that idea. I have a couple of e21/e30 parts cars, I'll see if I can find a good option for this.