Stein-man

WTB: '73 tii tool kit

10 posts / 268 viewsLast Reply

Does anyone have one for me?  Thanks!

- Rob

I see them frequently on eBay. The original colors of the vinyl pouch varied, probably randomly, as they were likely sewed from vinyl scraps. Original pouches often (generally?) have rust spots or other stains. Someone makes and sells new pouches, that are very close to the originals — I can’t recall who that is, however.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve - thanks as always!

Andrew - I checked it out.  Missing the pliers and one wrench, otherwise it looks good.  I think I would rather find a complete toolkit that try to source the pliers and the one wrench.  Thank you!

- Rob

(edited)

A few of the tools remained available from BMW recently. Of course, just as there were minor differences within the ‘02 era, there are possibly differences between a ca. 1973 tool and a 2020 replacement part — I guess!

Best regards,

Steve

43343D3B-7917-4E13-B185-02DF0C3D5707.png

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

I see them frequently on eBay. The original colors of the vinyl pouch varied, probably randomly, as they were likely sewed from vinyl scraps. Original pouches often (generally?) have rust spots or other stains. Someone makes and sells new pouches, that are very close to the originals — I can’t recall who that is, however.

Best regards,

Steve

I believe it's Coupe King who's remanufactured the tools kit pouches. My original rusty one came with some laces sewn into it though, to close it up instead of the velcro pieces attached to the one @adawil2002 referenced above.

• Like 1