NeueKlasseGuy

700 To Head East

6 posts / 1075 viewsLast Reply

We have the Sport engine back in my 700 and running. The Martini engine is down at Terry Tinney's shop for rehab (see post "Mystery Solved").

The good news is that my 700 has been invited to be a part of the next exhibit at the BMWCCA Foundation Museum in Greer, SC. I don't know a lot about the exhibit except it is called Genesis, and deals with cars and motorcycles up to the Neue Klasse cars. If it is like the previous 3 exhibits it will be spectacular.

The car is currently up at the Racecraft shop and will be headed down here sometime this week or next. Then I will arrange shipping back east. the exhibit opens in March sometime.

I'll keep you posted!

700@Monterey_2015_3.jpg.b323a0713baa672259dc83140db05378.jpg

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing it! We (Lane Motor Museum) are about to finally get paint on our '61 Sport. It's going to be nice, I can't wait to drive it. 

David

The 700 finally made it home today. The logistics finally worked out for Matt from Racecraft to bring the car down. It fired right up and I drove it off the trailer and into my shop. I'll spend a few days cleaning it up and getting it ready to travel.

Its next stop will be the BMWCCA Museum in Greer, SC.

IMG_3549.thumb.jpg.74faf8705e1ea43ffe6fbcc8ba6b1d92.jpg

Steve,

I saw your car when I dropped off my 600 at the museum.  Looks great!  And Jackie did a nice job narrating your car in the Genesis video.  If you havent seen it, go to the BMW CCA Foundation website.  Some of the best eye-candy you will see!

Dave