magnus

Looking to buy a roundie

4 posts / 428 viewsLast Reply

Hello fellow bay area '02 owners.

I've decided that my Ceylon car is too much of a project given my resources at this time. I'm looking to get into a roundie that is more complete. I'm interested to know if anyone in the area is selling, or knows of someone selling a roundie that's straight, complete, and without rust. Rough or older paint is actually a positive for me because I want to drive it and collect rock chips on the great roads we have in this area. It needs to be a manual.

I'd love to get into another tii if the price is right, but I would consider a non-tii if it's a good match. Please feel free to respond here or PM me if you know of a car that might be a good fit. Cheers.

So magnus, I will be selling a '72 tii soon. I still haven't found a mechanic to look at the squeaky steering column (thanks for your advice, btw!), but perhaps you can take over that chore (I suspect the horn ring needs grease, haven't time to get in there or find a mechanic to do it yet). 🙂The car is now in SF, rather than Sacramento. PM me for more details if interested. 

• Like 1

@magnus not sure if you found a roundie, but I ran across one in burlingame while picking up a rear diff last weekend. it is at autohaus exec (https://www.yelp.com/biz/autohaus-exec909-burlingame). Its a 72 with flares, red, fully built. The guy selling it there is named Paul. I think he said he was gonna pull the motor and trans and sell the rest, but dont take my word as exact for that detail. 

I don't have any ties to this sale. just got to talking with the guy and he was showing me all his projects and cars for sale. 

IMG_4922.JPG

@magnus not sure if you found a roundie, but I ran across one in burlingame while picking up a rear diff last weekend. it is at autohaus exec (https://www.yelp.com/biz/autohaus-exec909-burlingame). Its a 72 with flares, red, fully built. The guy selling it there is named Paul. I think he said he was gonna pull the motor and trans and sell the rest, but dont take my word as exact for that detail. 

I don't have any ties to this sale. just got to talking with the guy and he was showing me all his projects and cars for sale. 

IMG_4922.JPG

Thanks for thinking of me, I really appreciate it.

I think I should close this thread. I kind of went off in a completely different direction when a car became available that was too good to resist. I'm going to sell my Ceylon car and watch the 2002 world from the sidelines for a while.

49376973228_137fb4a73b_h.jpg

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.