resra

Putting our cars value in Perspective

20 posts / 1019 viewsLast Reply

Shoulda woulda coulda bought that 1960 Ferrari 250 PF Cabriolet back in 2000 for $200K, still kick myself from time to time.

Can't complain about our 2002s, but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.

0c345ba5-5824-4126-80ad-6b0ac699e17f.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichenFamous said:

Comparing Ferrari to our O || O toys is just... funny.

I’m not comparing a Ferrari or any Ferrari to our toys but rather putting things into perspective as to how people will pay just for a set of wheels and tool kit for the price of our entire cars. Still we complain. 

On the other hand, 15 years ago, running project cars were only a couple of grand.

t

Value is in the eye of the beholder....

You're trying to legitimize the current high prices of 02s and parts by comparing apples to oranges. The Ferrari is built and marketed as an exclusive car for the opulent while the 02 in its original form in 1966 was built as the entry level BMW for the masses to compete with the VW Beetle.

But, with that said you could have purchased and early 70s Ferraro 266 Dino for about $30K in 1983. Take a look what they are bringing in now.

And for those of us who grew up with the 02, current 02 prices, including parts, are off the scale. I still can't get over the $250-$300 asking price for a swan neck mirror.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, conkitchen said:

I'm still waiting on AMC Pacer prices to pop.  

Perhaps they should....

364BB2E6-F555-40A1-BF30-C78C9A697925.thumb.jpeg.3e0080ce1231138448a2bf042b499f35.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, resra said:

Yes I understand these wheels are rare but they are just.....Wheels 

My god man, JUST WHEELS, JUST WHEELS....... how can you say that about wheels!

😂🙄😜

Edited by SydneyTii
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Slavs said:

You're trying to legitimize the current high prices of 02s and parts by comparing apples to oranges. The Ferrari is built and marketed as an exclusive car for the opulent while the 02 in its original form in 1966 was built as the entry level BMW for the masses to compete with the VW Beetle.

But, with that said you could have purchased and early 70s Ferraro 266 Dino for about $30K in 1983. Take a look what they are bringing in now.

And for those of us who grew up with the 02, current 02 prices, including parts, are off the scale. I still can't get over the $250-$300 asking price for a swan neck mirror.

You are right Slavs, I should have compared those wheels with the 02 steel wheels. If you read my post, I never compared any Ferrari to our cars. Just the wheels which were not even manufactured by Ferrari. 

Plus Ferrari’s are crap.....

ok sorry I tried to say that with a straight face😜

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, conkitchen said:

I'm still waiting on AMC Pacer prices to pop.  

They are dead ducks,  you can't get a windshield for them.