• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low mileage S14 + Trans and Sweet M2 on BaT

COOP

Already at $10.5K, only 2 days into a 7-day auction. Would love to buy this combo as a spare, but who knows how high it could go:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/bmw-s14-engine-gearbox/

Not to mention a very sweet, 1973 M2 from SF...only one day into the auction and straight to $40K:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-bmw-2002-47/

Edited by COOP

Nice engine!

As mentioned in the discussion of the ‘73 M2 on BAT, the car should have a limited slip differential and upgraded sway bars.

This car has some very nice parts, however for this kind of money the package should be complete and mechanically and cosmetically perfect.

The trunk looks like it was painted with a brush and POR-15. Maybe the current owner has so much $$ invested in the car that he just can’t complete it with current resources.

I guess the new owner can complete the project with a few extra bucks.

The Pastelblau ‘75 also currently listed with this car on BAT has had some serious work and money put into it in the last few years and at $8000 is currently a bargain.

I wish the best for the sellers and buyers of both cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)
'74 2002 Sahara (Camilla) dearly departed
'76 2002 Anthrazit (Gonzo) now daughters car

So true!
I’ll bet it is scary to drive on a curvy road.

What the guy built was a Mustang with a big engine, NOT a 2002.
The average ratted out old Miata could blow the doors off this car in the corners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)
'74 2002 Sahara (Camilla) dearly departed
'76 2002 Anthrazit (Gonzo) now daughters car

Yikes, I didn’t mean to tack the poor car up here for open target practice, but I should have expected it lol. The seller is an SF private party so I’m surprised that nobody knows him or the car (I don’t either) or that he hasn’t chimed in here.

I’m surprised that people are lambasting the car so much for its performance credentials, or lack there of! I agree that the omission of a LSD is ridiculous as are the retention of rear drums, but it does have Ground Control coil-overs and an Ireland big brake kit...not sure why that would equate to a “scary” experience on a curvy road.

As always, the market of actual buyers will have the final word (for both the M2 and the S14 motor/Getrag 265 combo) and it will come down to who is present at the final bell and their level of determination; it will be interesting to see where the listings go.

Edited by COOP

9 minutes ago, COOP said:

Yikes, I didn’t mean to tack the poor car up here for open target practice, but I should have expected it lol. The seller is an SF private party so I’m surprised that nobody knows him or the car (I don’t either) or that he hasn’t chimed in here.

I’m surprised that people are lambasting the car so much for its performance credentials, or lack there of! I agree that the omission of a LSD is ridiculous, but it does have Ground Control coil-overs and an Ireland big brake kit...not sure why that would equate to a “scary” experience on a curvy road.

As always, the market of actual buyers will have the final word (for both the M2 and the S14 motor/Getrag 265 combo) and it will come down to who is present at the final bell and their level of determination; it will be interesting to see where the listings go.

Maybe I'm behind the curve but it seems to me 02 prices are on the upswing lately, The resto modded ones seem to be bringing good money

1 hour ago, COOP said:

I’m surprised that people are lambasting the car so much for its performance credentials, or lack there of! I agree that the omission of a LSD is ridiculous as are the retention of rear drums, but it does have Ground Control coil-overs and an Ireland big brake kit...not sure why that would equate to a “scary” experience on a curvy road.

LOL...when has ANY car been posted on the faq without being a target?

it is just a 2002 with an s14 in it.  the "big brake kit" is just the normal volvo caliper swap.  tires are ridiculous.  M10 oil pan.  stock swaybars, stock rear brakes, no LSD, crush bent exhaust system, dangerous placement of HP fuel pump and filter, ad says poly swaybar bushings, but i don't see them, etc.

it is a beautifully built show car on top and inside!!!!!.  really nice!  the GC system is a start, but the s14 is kind of a waste in the car.   it is just eye candy.   i would not call the car "scary", but it was not built for performance.  it was built to win the local C&C...:-)

• Like 1

2xM3