• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 Jade Green 2002 for sale in TX No Longer Available

Dosky

I have seen this car in person and it's one of those cars you want to put in your living room, flip the channels on your Television while lounging inside that plush interior. And yes, no salsa or chips allowed!

It's just gorgeous in every way. Someone went through a lot of difficulty, time, money and effort to achieve perfection on this one. 

Edited by resra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I came across a slick top / no sunroof Tii and bought it.  It had been partially restored but the project went dormant.  I saved it from a future "barn find" status.  The Tii is more of a very nice driver quality car and I really like the slick top.  I'm installing the Dynamat and new interior now.  I already have the mechanics and suspension sorted out.  This will become my golf course / tennis court car.

The Jade Green '76 is a little too nice to use.  It is a blast to drive but I'm reluctant to park it anywhere or get in traffic.  I drive my cars and ride my bikes.  I am not a collector.  I thought I'd drive this car more than I do but refuse to leave it in a parking lot for any amount of time.  I won't take it to the golf course or tennis courts and leave it unattended while I'm on the course / courts.  All of my friends and brothers say I'm crazy for selling it.  I know I won't be able to replace it.  My Tii, photo attached, will have to do as my driver.

IMG_3939.JPG

IMG_3952.JPG

4 hours ago, Dosky said:

I came across a slick top / no sunroof Tii and bought it.  It had been partially restored but the project went dormant.  I saved it from a future "barn find" status.  The Tii is more of a very nice driver quality car and I really like the slick top.  I'm installing the Dynamat and new interior now.  I already have the mechanics and suspension sorted out.  This will become my golf course / tennis court car.

The Jade Green '76 is a little too nice to use.  It is a blast to drive but I'm reluctant to park it anywhere or get in traffic.  I drive my cars and ride my bikes.  I am not a collector.  I thought I'd drive this car more than I do but refuse to leave it in a parking lot for any amount of time.  I won't take it to the golf course or tennis courts and leave it unattended while I'm on the course / courts.  All of my friends and brothers say I'm crazy for selling it.  I know I won't be able to replace it.  My Tii, photo attached, will have to do as my driver.

IMG_3939.JPG

IMG_3952.JPG

A lot of classic drivers install a cam. Garmin makes a nice one and gives you some peace of mind. Auto records with any movement around the vehicle....I have the same fears about some knucklehead putting their cigarette out on the paint, I’ve seen it happen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Price: $37000

Description:

Update: I would consider taking a clean E36 M3 5 speed as a partial trade on my 2002.

I have two cars right now, a '74 Tii and this '76 Jade Green 02.  I shouldn't keep both cars so I decided to sell the nicer one and keep working on the Tii.  I bought this car last year from Bill Meyer here on 2002FAQ.  It is an extremely nice car.  It underwent a complete restoration and was completed in about 2005.  It has been driven just under 10K miles since.  This was a nut and bolt, total rebuild.  I have an incredible file of receipts dating back to the early 90s through the rebuild. The underside of the car is just as nice as the rest.  The motor is a new crate motor from Maximillian, a Ti version with 9.3:1 pistons.  It runs a Weber, Tii exhaust, Tii ignition and has the rebuilt 4 speed.  Everything works on the car and I mean everything.  The locks are proper with matching keys, the heater / defrost controls, heater fan, turn signals, horn, all electrics.  The wiring harness was new from Maximillian and properly installed.  All suspension and steering components were replaced in the rebuild.  I have had 6 of these over the past few years and this car is the nicest by far.  It is extremely tight and rattle free.  It runs and drives like a fresh, complete rebuild should.

The small bumpers and lowering kit were added later, after the rebuild.  I'm running VTO 13" wheels and have all 5 to match with Falken sport touring tires.  The interior is covered in tan leather and runs E21 Recaro seats.

As for what the car might need, there are a couple of small rust bubbles on the left front fender just behind the wheel, not bad for a 14 year old paint job.  Other than that spot there is absolutely no rust on the car, none around the belt trim, suspension, floors, absolutely none.  In addition to that rust bubble, the bumper conversion was done after the original re-paint.  The old bumper holes were filled from the inside with panel bond and are flush with the body.  They were painted with a touch up brush and look good.  I thought about having the lower moldings removed, holes filled along with the old bumper holes and having that area properly sprayed.  The rust bubble in the fender could be repaired at the same time.  I have not used the sun-roof since buying the car.  There are some small scratches in the top surface but not entirely through the paint.  It appears as though something is rubbing as it retracts.  I'm not familiar with how these work and don't know where to start to correct / adjust this.  I did not lower the car, it was that way when I bought it.  I think it could use camber plates on the front struts and adjustable camber hardware in the rear.  Although the car drives straight and handles great I think there is a little too much camber on the alignment.

The receipts for this restoration include things like seat belts, glass, moldings, seals, nuts, bolts, clips, headliner, sun visors, just about everything you can imagine.  I have not totaled the receipts but I know you can't refurbish a car for the price of this one, not even close.  I'm offering it here for $37k which is what I have invested in the car.  I'll be taking detailed photos for a BAT listing if I don't sell it here first.  I'd be more than happy to take it for a Pre Purchase Inspection.  There are plenty of independent BMW repair shops on DFW.  I will drive it to one and wait while they perform an inspection if desired.

58534888331__2200EA72-EE63-4C6B-BD98-E20BFC6765B0.JPG

59183640142__760DF28D-6D99-47FA-9D95-A14326DE4332.JPG

59389802292__83F88D58-83BE-4930-8D5F-8C3A1E879B9A.JPG

59389798618__E162CED4-6EB0-4EC0-AE01-4E40B2746FAB.JPG

58405478945__CA27A86E-D2A9-45FD-B7D5-3AFBC9EB79E0.JPG

58446063754__D777BEA1-F12D-44B3-B2CB-F89A91AB7E20.JPG

58526815194__9A7800E8-10B1-4728-95BD-27CBBB27E86C.JPG

Gorgeous car. Just saw it on eBay. Curious why you chose that route over BaT?  I am considering both for a tii I plan to sell and would welcome feedback.  I have used eBay to sell but never BaT. 

1960 Austin Healey Sprite | 1974 Ford Bronco | 1988 Porsche 911 | 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser | 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands on Order | In Search of a BMW 2002 

I tried to list the car on BAT with a reserve of $33k.  They turned me down, said they would list it with a reserve in the mid 20s.  It seemed a little odd to me.  There was only one other 02 listed and it was nothing like mine.  I could see if they had several listed but not with only one other.  Aside from that I've seen lesser cars with reserves in the mid 20s.  I guess if you were comparing apples to apples but that is not the case.

• Like 2