joshkrahn

FAQbook?

13 posts / 377 viewsLast Reply

I vaguely remember a thread, a while back, discussing an idea for a book that would combine the shared knowledge of this site into an organized reference guide.

Did that ever go anywhere?

Compared to most of the regular posters here, I'm a mechanical idiot. So I wouldn't be much help in fact-checking the content. But print page layout is my day job, and I'd be happy to lend my labor to a project like this. It would be a nice way to give back to this community.

Eh?

Josh

• Like 2

sorry, you're looking for the 1st edition hardcover...my bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got a huge plastic tote full of European Car magazines from the 90's with some great tech articles on 2002's.  I would love to scan them in but I have no doubt there would be copyright infringement issues that would come back and bite me.

i can assure you there are no scary copyright police coming after you for posting 90s tech articles. The most you'll get is a cease and desist, which i seriously doubt. don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness! NOW START SCANNING!! (and send me a link) ;):)

16 hours ago, mlytle said:

Just print the "Articles" section of the FAQ.

I don't want to brag, but I'd like to think my design skills would produce something a little more user-friendly than pressing ctrl-P on a web page, LOL. 😉

Besides which, there's a ton of content in the "construction zone," not to mention the general forum, that never graduates to Article status. Organizing this content into a book-like form would be really useful to me personally, but it would be a huge task, and not worth the effort unless there's a lot of interest. 

I feel like I should clarify: I'm not looking for answers, I'm volunteering to help with a print project if there is interest among other FAQers.