Used E12 Calipers (for 2002 BBK)

Price: $65
Description:

Hi Guys,

I'm selling my e12 calipers used in "BBK" conversion (to be used with vented e21 discs). I removed them couple of months ago because i got a good deal on some Wilwoods.

The bad:

- 2 of the bleeder screw/valves leak (suuuuper slowly), so I gave up sealed the bleed screw hole and used teflon around the threads. I'm sure there's a easy way to fix it for someone smart (not me).

- The face of the passenger caliper was grinded a little, by previous owner, i presume for wheel fitment.

- A small corner of the cast chipped (inner).

The good.

- They braked well

- The rubber looks very good

- I'm including the pads which have tons of meat left.

Photos to follow in next post. it never seems to let me post photos on initial post default_sad.png&key=8d99bfbd884d3577a3951e867acf00ca51f0f16e4bd4feb85e78dc3152c7b8df

I am asking $65usd plus shipping but I found out how expensive shipping is when i gave my first quote ($54usd to Long Beach)

...thus $89usd SHIPPED.

b80737fa30705e6b54da3091bfc03397.jpg&key=ec19b7bf2cda8e0de57da09137e58c0b4d5c4bcf2b1b863390fe15df3ea4a281

thanks,

Anthony

Edited by MildSeven
price drop
21 hours ago, Robert Kyle said:

Sorry to hijack, but what's the advantages/disadvantages to using E12 (I assume early E24 too and E9) calipers as opposed to the Volvo 240 ones people use on E21 hubs?

Or will these E12 calipers work on 2002 hubs hence not needing E21 hubs???

Have you read the following:

I’m not certain the differences between the e12 and Volvo calipers are material from a stopping perspective, and both can create fitment issues for 13” rims!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

Using the E12 calipers is for Tii struts which have the wider spacing of the mounting bolt holes. On a tii the rotors are not larger, simply vented, which allows them to be used under heavy braking without heating up as easily as solid rotors would under the same conditions.

shermanmartinez at hotmail dot com

I swear not only is Google and the NSA spying on us, but the FAQ is doing it's part too.  Today I started my search for rebuilt e12/e24 calipers cause the "new" one I bought off of eBay for my project back in 2017 leaks.  Forget about returning it.  

I was thinking of cracking it open and seeing if I can seal it up as it leaks from the spacer-for the vented rotor.  

OP: you mention the bleeder screws leak. Is on both calipers? if not which one is leaking.   

1 hour ago, conkitchen said:

I swear not only is Google and the NSA spying on us, but the FAQ is doing it's part too.  Today I started my search for rebuilt e12/e24 calipers cause the "new" one I bought off of eBay for my project back in 2017 leaks.  Forget about returning it.  

I was thinking of cracking it open and seeing if I can seal it up as it leaks from the spacer-for the vented rotor.  

OP: you mention the bleeder screws leak. Is on both calipers? if not which one is leaking.   

The leak wasn't really enough to leak out. Just to say it was a but wet around the base of the screw. 

To be honest, I can't remember but believe it's both. Passenger side for sure.

Chasing/Tapping them and buying new bleeder valves might fix it. But I wasn't ready to remove them and try that only to have them leak after. A

After working on the car restoration for almost 2 years you get anxious at the end ;) so I threw money at it and got used wilwoods 2 summers later.