mvliotta

Garage finally done

17 posts / 656 viewsLast Reply

Spent more time ON the garage then in the garage working on cars over the last few months. Cleaned up the incredible amount stuff I had accumulated over the years and put in proper electrical, loft, bench, door and lift. 

Being about 90 years old, tried to keep some things looking vintage including lighting, vice and ceiling for loft. 

Anyway, with winter fast approaching, time to put it to use!

0A32336E-93C2-4AA9-8A3B-574B74B80958.thumb.jpeg.01d097f6996d0b0511110186bea82e45.jpeg

83D60A33-CEF6-4689-B89C-BF312BA42C45.thumb.jpeg.b767e403fa3d2a4b9e7f289410471905.jpeg

3A3D17F4-1EB5-4DB3-BB9C-0FA1FDF42F2C.thumb.jpeg.8726f0051f0763e6a879e52a4fcd29e6.jpeg

Edited by mvliotta
  • Like 15

Love that vice!

Are you going to have heating for it? I look at the uninsulated walls and think it would help immensely, but would detract from the vintage look.

Thanks for sharing!

Jason

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JsnPpp said:

Are you going to have heating for it? I look at the uninsulated walls and think it would help immensely, but would detract from the vintage look.

Going with low tech heating for now...supplied by simple burner on a propane tank and separate circulating fan. 

With windows slightly open for ventilation, the space heats up in about 15min. It works, but not the most elegant solution. Will give it a go this winter and see if it does the job. 

• Like 1

Vince,

It looks fantastic. Well done sir.

I use a couple of these heaters from HF in my garage. They work pretty well. If it's really cold, it takes a few hours but placement is also key. You could always supplement with these or turn off the propane and use the once it's warm.

Enjoy.

Erik

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9d1068c487b4957006bef724cef59813.jpg

• Like 2

I don't see:

a) my chair to sit and watch you work

b) a beer fridge

c) a tv

d) stereo hookup

These are just the basic requirements. Where have I gone wrong with you Vincenzo?

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, NYNick said:

I don't see:

a) my chair to sit and watch you work

b) a beer fridge

c) a tv

d) stereo hookup

Now Nick, I am truly disappointed that you would think I designed this garage without you in mind.

Allow me to introduce

exhibit a:

66B0B1D1-F8B9-4890-96BE-198F175EF20C.thumb.jpeg.50d45726fbd0c0b4e11330ddfe9eab0c.jpeg

exhibit b:

4AADBC05-6D3B-4B13-BC0C-AF1E69FE121E.thumb.jpeg.c02802846313a7a75703dea621a2a8c8.jpeg

(Ok, only holds 6 beer cans, but it’s a start!)

As for c and d, well I figure watching me fumble around bruising my knuckles, sweating and swearing is far more entertaining than anything a tv or stereo can provide. 

Edited by mvliotta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EPK said:

I use a couple of these heaters from HF in my garage. They work pretty well. If it's really cold, it takes a few hours but placement is also key. You could always supplement with these or turn off the propane and use the once it's warm.

Nice idea Erik. Was thinking along the lines of a supplement heater once I take the chill off with the propane. 

Definitely vintage construction!  Put a couple more 2x6's across the garage's width to support the load, and some plywood sheets and you'll have a nice loft for all those spare parts.  I gradually decked in my garage attic some years ago, then added a pulldown stairway and now have 400 sq ft of storage for car stuff and Carol's Christmas and seasonal garden decorations.  And it's full!

Stuff always expands to fill any available space...

mike  

• Like 2

Stuff always expands to fill any available space...

mike  

Yes it does!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk