resra

Maybe off topic but really cool car from same vintage

12 posts / 1033 viewsLast Reply

Wow, that brings back memories.  My best friend in High School had one in Black.  We used to wrench on it in the driveway of his house.  It was super fun to drive.  I would totally daily drive it, they are super reliable.

Good luck with the sale.

Mark92131

• Like 1

(edited)

I had a 544 just prior to my purchase of my 2002 BMW. They are built like a tank with thick Swedish steel (you can sit on the hood or roof). The only negatives I can recall are that the carbs sit just above the exhaust manifold and next to the oil pressure sensor (fire hazard). Your car also shows a typical sprung left rear hatch.  Is that the original paint?

544 pics.zip

Edited by Whaledriver
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Whaledriver said:

I had a 544 just prior to my purchase of my 2002 BMW. They are built like a tank with thick Swedish steel (you can sit on the hood or roof). The only negatives I can recall are that the carbs sit just above the exhaust manifold and next to the oil pressure sensor (fire hazard). Your car also shows a typical sprung left rear hatch.  Is that the original paint?

544 pics.zip 4.44 MB · 6 downloads

Volvo 544 right side view.jpg

Volvo 544 left rear quarter view.jpg .jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

(edited)

To quote my 13 year old nephew....'this car is 'gangsta'. Who doesn't love old Volvos? 122s... P1800' etc...

The body style  is right outta' the 50's lol...like the VW Beetles' cool swedish cousin

Torque..they are awesome around town

Wheeler Dealer's did one these 'Amazons' and it was special!

Edited by iinca
  • Like 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Whaledriver said:

Is that the original paint?

544 pics.zip 4.44 MB · 7 downloads

It's the original color but not paint. It has atleast been painted 3 times I think. 

It truly is amazing to drive and the design of everything is so much more simpler than a 2002. Yet, a 2002 in similar condition would bring atleast twice the amount of money. This is just a giveaway. It breaks my heart not being able to keep it among friends. 

Edited by resra
  • Thanks 1