saoirse

Why might have somebody done this?

30 posts / 1246 viewsLast Reply

I'd guess it's an attempt at sound deadening. 

• Like 3

There is one tiny fact that is leading me to belive sound deadening is not the reason... the other side only had it on behind the door pillar and nowhere else. Would belive they'd try to match both sides then.

Red neck sound insulation. He just couldn't find another old styrofoam ice chest that Buford sat on and broke to finish the job....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Original has soft foam, they figured this was also "foam". Not thinking it through.... aka: what every PO seems to do

• Like 1

Car looks solid! Easy enough to fix the extra foam problem..

We have all have interesting PO stories.

Someone said it best, after nearly 20 years ownership of both my 02s, I am the PO! Can't blame anyone but myself.

Jason

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theNomad said:

Original has soft foam, they figured this was also "foam". Not thinking it through.... aka: what every PO seems to do

Do you (or anybody?) have a reference of how it should look like? (from the factory)

(edited)

Hey, if it works in mah' beer cooler, it's 'gotsta keep 'mah car cool too! *crumbles Styrofoam into the corners*

If it makes ya feel better, my driver's seat had prolly 30 kitchen sponges tetris'd into the seat-pad. 

Edited by 2002Scoob

Trying to hide a bad wheel bearing for a quick sale??

18 hours ago, saoirse said:

....Would belive they'd try to match both sides then.

Given that the person who did this chose to use broken pieces of Styrofoam.... I have a much lower expectation of their... “overall vision”... 😉

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 1

How about the black stuff? Seems like the factory holes (ignoring the filled speaker grilles) for the trunk (ventilation? not sure why they are there in the first place) are all stuffed of this stuff.... no no ventilation hole to the trunk from the interior.