• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turbo Injection pump Fuel Enrichment Cell

Einspritz

I spoke with Dave at Precision yesterday regarding the status of rebuilding my pump.

One item that we discussed was the fact that the piston in the enrichment cell (#24 Pressure Regulator in diagrams) had worn the cylinder with scratches due to the movement of the piston. Since the piston and housing bore are both aluminum, excessive wear was observed which would cause blowby and therefore reducing the effectiveness of the pump to enrich the fuel under boost.

I don't know what the clearance specification is, but that, along with the prospect of the rear seal leaking (due to lack of use) hydrolocking the piston, should raise awareness if you are seeing your Turbo "go lean" under boost.

Dave was able to fix the issue and the pump should be "good to go" soon.

As an aside, be sure to check the oil fill plug on the rear of your pump and top it off if necessary.

HTH to raise awareness on higher mileage cars.

• Like 1