BigDog

Sold 1976 2002 For Sale

14 posts / 2009 viewsLast Reply

(edited)
Price: $10000

Description:

'02 Amigos,

You've noticed over the years, I've been less and less active in the hobby, such are the changes with life. It's time to pass the torch as they say, and I'm testing the waters looking for a good home for my '02. Many of you in the local area have seen the car, and might be interested.  I'm thinking that offers should come in around $10k~$12k as pretty fair for a car this well sorted.

The details <short list>

Firstly, if you ask "have you done <insert typical 2002 thing here>?" the answer is "yes" with the exception of a 5spd conversion.

Secondly, the ideal next owner, somebody in the hobby who's got a trophy car, and wants a car they can rip around in every day.

Thirdly, this car really is well sorted, the caption should be "a paint job and a carpet away from 110% awesomeness". Mechanically, outstanding.

[Engine]

Complete re-build about 10 years ago.

Balanced and lightened rotating assemblies.

High compression pistons and head.

300deg Isky cam

Dual side draft Weber 40's

Upgraded valve train (springs, rockers)

Ireland long tube header

Electronic Ignition (Ireland + MSD)

Probably less than 10k miles on rebuild, I only drive this a few days a year sadly.

Etc....

[Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain]

Bilstein HD and ST springs all the way around.

ST 25mm front bar, Ireland adjustable rear bar.

TopEnd strut braces front and rear, including battery relocate

Ireland big brake kit up front, 320i drums in the rear.

320i LSD (3.91)

Wheels, Rota 15" group buy, for those of you who were here then...

Tires, Toyo, 90%

Etc...

[Interior]

Recaro's, Momo, Big Al's leather shift and e-brake boots (remember that guy?)

Stereo, bad a$$... Bluetooth, Subs, Amp, Hand's free calling, etc..

GPS, because with the 15's and the rear end, it's way to hard to do the math and know how fast you are really going...

Custom made (by me) trunk side panels.

[Exterior]

Shortened bumpers (sadly no park bench in the rear anymore)

Re-painted top 1/2 of car (looks great from 20feet)

Rust, patched top front of fenders, otherwise NONE.

A paint job away from amazing.

[Spare Parts and Whatnot]

An entire truckload of parts, literally from previous parts car and years in the hobby.

Highlights: rebuilt cylinder head, perfect center console, perfect set of bottle caps.

Full set of glass, tons of trim, fuel tank, multiple 32/36s and intakes, spare 4spd, spare open rear ends, etc...

The only un-obtanium and fancy thing that's in the collection is probably a spare door brake, don't be looking to find a unicorn.

As the 2.5 owner of this car (my little brother owned it for .5yrs before his wife made him get rid of it 20yrs back), we bought it from the original owner, who cried when we drove off. It seriously has been in a garage it's whole life, and most of you who know me, know what kind of shape it's in mechanically, as mentioned, well sorted.

There is way too much to list out every detail of everything on this car, I'm already tired of typing. A whole stack of papers come with this, covering virtually all the parts, upgrades, original service history, all the way back to the window sticker from the factory.

Inquire with additional questions!

And now for the photos! (OK, check that, my post is apparently too big, contact me and I"ll send you the gallery!)

IMG_9576.thumb.JPG.2199ddae102406894391cb68f8351d4d.JPG

IMG_9584.thumb.JPG.9c2b84a1657bd6c3e4f13a86b222da3a.JPG

IMG_9576.JPG

IMG_9570.JPG

IMG_9594.JPG

Edited by BigDog
F'd up price, fixed.
  • Like 2

On 9/21/2019 at 12:01 PM, majdomo said:

Ah, but will it pass CA smog? Looking for my first 02 and this...would beat all.

It won't pass with those side drafts.  It will fail on emissions and the visual.  If it wasn't a daily driver, you might be able to apply for Historic Plates and get around the smog testing, but if pulled over, you need to be on your way to a parade or car show.

Mark92131

It won't pass with those side drafts.  It will fail on emissions and the visual.  If it wasn't a daily driver, you might be able to apply for Historic Plates and get around the smog testing, but if pulled over, you need to be on your way to a parade or car show.

Mark92131

Which sucks because this would be epic on Angeles Crest. They do parades in the middle of the mountains, right?? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like all the extra parts that come with this car.

Looks like it might respond nicely to a good buffing...

To the OP just post more pics in different windows please..I feel

like alot more pics would sell this car alot quicker

Smog in CA...just a find Russian Smog tech lol. Those guys 'grease'

easily in Sacramento....

popcorn.gif