ssp2019

Refueling solution, no spill

16 posts / 650 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Two decades ago I pulled Franzi (71 chamonix sunroof) into the  hometown gas station for first fill up after refinishing the car. Lots sweat equity in that 1st refinish prepping, masking and it showed. New front and rear glass, new rubber all around and new carpet. Suffice it to say I was a proud new Papa.

Was trying to explain the cars fueling quirk to the doofus attendant who more or less waved me off with a "its ok, been doin this for a while" attitude.

Sticks the nozzle barely in and puts the thing on high speed, fuel starts flowing at a high rate and before he can even get turned around to walk off it overflows and runs down the side of my fresh 1 week old  paint.

Dont remember much after that except everything seem to be tinged with a red haze and I seemed to be doing a lot of talking to some anxious looking people.

After that, when ever I showed up in Franzi they would just hand me the fuel filler.

Something for sure I dont like about OR.

Its just dumb!

Looking forward to some new adventures in fueling when Survivor hits the road.

Edited by tech71
  • Confused 1