conkitchen

I don't know, but...............

20 posts / 769 viewsLast Reply

I've seen worse but that does scream I pressure washed all the leaks away and I didn't put any stop leak in or ATF in the oil. On the other hand you wash your underwear before going on a date so.

21 minutes ago, 2002iii said:

On the other hand you wash your underwear before going on a date so.

Please don’t do that, it creates a precedent the rest of us can’t live up to!🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Hey, it shows the rockers are pretty solid, at least.

Though I don't recommend pressure-washing oneself before a date, generally speaking.

Posted from my phone.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, 2002iii said:

other hand you wash your underwear before going on a date so.

So turning it inside out is not recommended? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah, no.  I wouldn't be using that photo to sell my car.

I have mixed feelings on cleaning the underside of the car with water pressure or steam.  There are times when you'd like a clean bottom (chill boys ☺️), such as before doing some repair, sealing or painting work.  Not a bad idea for troubleshooting leaks as well.

I'd lean toward steam.  Pressure washing at the best of times permeates the surfaces if there are any seams or cracks present, likely leaving behind trapped water.  Forget about the 3000psi that a good pressure washer puts out.  You can use it as a paint remover.  Say goodbye to your peddle box cover. 

No, I'd prefer steam to lift grease, oil and road dirt.  It's difficult to find a service that will steam clean the bottom of your car, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, conkitchen said:

So turning it inside out is not recommended? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Engine in the car , it may not be a good idea. Engine out is probably good housekeeping I would think 

4 hours ago, tech71 said:

...that's a cool lift me want bad.

That's old school. I remember those in Exxons & Phillips stations  when me was (much) younger. They were actually service stations then. As I recall, there were no safety catches, if the hydraulics quit...

Yeah pretty much standard equipment in a service station after WW2 about the only thing they worked well for was tire and brake work and oil changes, any work on the engine or trans is blocked by the lift😕

16 hours ago, GoGo Garnet said:

That's old school. I remember those in Exxons & Phillips stations  when me was (much) younger. They were actually service stations then. As I recall, there were no safety catches, if the hydraulics quit...

Thats OK so am I (old school) and sure beats crawling around on the floor.

There are safeties built in (check valves ECT)

Can you tell I really really want a lift? problem is I have to build a shop first.

Yeah, I really want/need a lift too. Even have my wife onboard. Today's two posts are sooo much better: safety, ease of  use, self contained, etc. Put one up under a shed roof if you got space. Right now space is my issue. 

Sorry for the hijack!!😃

Edited by GoGo Garnet