fjinva

Unknown under dash part, 1974 tii

11 posts / 364 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

I was refurbishing my heater box and removed most of the under dash pieces, including the glove box.  I was left with the following identical parts on the interior carpet. I can not figure out where they go.

Anybody have a clue?

Edited by fjinva
no picture posted

3 minutes ago, fjinva said:

I was refurbishing my heater box and removed most of the under dash pieces, including the glove box.  I was left with the following identical parts on the interior carpet. I can not figure out where they go.

Anybody have a clue?

pics would help

One’s a spoon: useful for eating cereal.... 😋

The other stuff?  Not a clue.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

They look like the leading ends of the lower door trim rubber inserts to me. Could be wrong though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VWJake said:

They look like the leading ends of the lower door trim rubber inserts to me.

Beat me to it, but this was definitely my immediate guess when I first say the picture.  Those look exactly like the little end plugs that slide in the ends of the lower black rubbery side trim, either on the doors, fenders, or quarter panels.

• Like 2

I’ll go check it out. I replaced the trim years ago. Maybe they were in the glove box and fell out?

And the winner is - VWJake!  Thanks for the responses.  The pieces are the end caps for the exterior chrome trim strips on the passenger door.  I must have gotten new ones when I replaced these years ago.  I guess they fell out of the glove box when I removed it, although I thought the box was mostly empty.  Thanks for the help.

Great info!  I've never seen them loose like pictured.  I had the end cap missing on a trim piece & a member here had just the cap which did the job.  I didn't realize there was a "tail."

• Like 1