GavBak

Hello, I am new here

20 posts / 570 viewsLast Reply

Hello I am new here, but always have been intrigued by the BMW 2002 model. I finally found two sitting in a family field. I originally thought that they were rusted out badly by how long they had been sitting, but once I got them in position to look at they seem reasonable.

Posting the picture of the first one now and I'll post the other one I get it.22fb2debfd90b4ad299a712e6600f0ac.jpg16542ec608fbd3ab346a739bf212f28f.jpg84f1e4d4930c60454059dc9a371cac49.jpg120b4979f2a0001a028048be1b272efc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Welcome to the '02 fraternity/sorority.  Looks like you have either a '70 or '71, probably Rivera blue.  Based on the "sport" steering wheel, I'd guess a 70.  An e-mail to BMW Classic with the VIN will elicit a reply with the car's build date, original color and when it was delivered to Hoffman Motors, the importer.  Post the VIN here and we can give you an educated guess.

Looks like the inner rear wheel arches are in good shape as are the rockers.  Someone will have a parts car with a good spare tire well--that looks like the results of a leaky trunk.  

Lots of good information on the FAQ, and friendly folks.  Don't hesitate to ask questions, and check the archives for lots of good (and obscure!) information.

cheers

mike

• Like 1

Welcome to the '02 fraternity/sorority.  Looks like you have either a '70 or '71, probably Rivera blue.  Based on the "sport" steering wheel, I'd guess a 70.  An e-mail to BMW Classic with the VIN will elicit a reply with the car's build date, original color and when it was delivered to Hoffman Motors, the importer.  Post the VIN here and we can give you an educated guess.

Looks like the inner rear wheel arches are in good shape as are the rockers.  Someone will have a parts car with a good spare tire well--that looks like the results of a leaky trunk.  

Lots of good information on the FAQ, and friendly folks.  Don't hesitate to ask questions, and check the archives for lots of good (and obscure!) information.

cheers
mike

Correct all the way, the blue is 70'. The orange one, to be shown later, is a 69. Need to write BMW anyways though to ensure correct color.

Good to be part of the club finally!

Somehow this one and orange one rings a bell. Didn't someone discuss three cars sitting in someones backyard earlier this year with pictures etc?

• Like 1

Somehow this one and orange one rings a bell. Didn't someone discuss three cars sitting in someones backyard earlier this year with pictures etc?
There was only two here, and I snagged them. They didn't mention a third.

2 hours ago, GavBak said:

Correct all the way, the blue is 70'. The orange one, to be shown later, is a 69. Need to write BMW anyways though to ensure correct color.

Good to be part of the club finally!

Welcome.

That’s jumping in with both feet!

BMW Group Archives can be contacted at:

[email protected]

We’ll obviously need more photos so we can help you spend your money and prioritize your work.... 😉

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

Welcome.

That’s jumping in with both feet!

BMW Group Archives can be contacted at:

[email protected]

We’ll obviously need more photos so we can help you spend your money and prioritize your work....

Regards,

Steve

Yessir, glad to post more pics as I clean and get it ready. I didn't want to be the new guy that posted 500 pics right away.

• Haha 1

Damn what a jackpot!!! Not one but 2 02s. I want to see pictures of the rear shocktowers and underneath, if both are ok then those are 2 diamonds in the rough. Nor Cal or So Cal?

Damn what a jackpot!!! Not one but 2 02s. I want to see pictures of the rear shocktowers and underneath, if both are ok then those are 2 diamonds in the rough. Nor Cal or So Cal?
Southern Oregon, Medford area.2775858955c9c93ae410040d4d368198.jpg7f40c84d8bd08142a7b7a316b2fdaba6.jpg2ec304938d2705158f064b6630616b57.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, you found the jackpot. Welcome!
Well, still have to get the 69 up here. Probably the more likely to have the bad rust, originally was just supposed to be a parts car but the body looks fine like this one so we'll see.