abrokenframe

cheap '72 tii for the brave

11 posts / 730 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

I expected much worse.... 😉

This looks eminently restorable, at least from the topside! The front bumper guards and both bumpers’ stand-off from the body announce it is likely a 1973 model, perhaps built in 1972 — and hence the source of the “1973” label.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1 hour ago, Conserv said:

I expected much worse.... 😉

This looks eminently restorable, at least from the topside! The front bumper guards and both bumpers’ stand-off from the body announce it is likely a 1973 model, perhaps built in 1972.

Regards,

Steve

There's definitely value here! Just all the primer around the hood and the fact it appears to be sitting in the forest leads me to believe there might a lot of rust work. Then it turns into the 7 year project haha. 

At this price, it's worth picking up for sure! You could sell a few of those parts plus the e21 and be in for next to nothing. 

• Like 1

Finally, somebody not afflicted by "Tii" fever; a realistic price for a Tii. It doesn't look that bad.

There are other fevers and catch words afflicting the BMW crowd. They include the "Alpina" high altitude sickness and the "Euro" dysentery.

Slavs

• Haha 1

There seems to be a lot of value here, I would offer $4K, knowing I could probably break even on a part-out if the Tii was full of rust.  The seats with some repair are probably worth $1500, 320I sport steering wheel $200, the list goes on.

IMHO,

Mark92131