• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 Chamonix for sale in TX

Dosky

Price: $14500

Description:

I have 2 cars right now so I thought I'd try to sell this one.  It is Chamonix with tan interior.  It shows 94,000 miles and I believe it is correct.  It runs a Weber carb and 5 speed.  In the last year I have rebuilt the front end, replaced calipers, rotors, pads,  and flex lines.  I cleaned and lubed everything in the rear brakes to correct a hanging parking brake.  They work fine now.  I just had the front of the motor re-sealed to correct an oil leak.  While working there I replaced the water pump, thermostat, all hoses and installed an IE electric fan.  This car is road ready and in very good shape.  This is a rust free car.  There are no rust bubbles in the bottom of the fenders or doors.  The rockers, floors suspension are all solid.  The dash is not cracked.  The windshield and gasket are newer and in great shape.  The bottle cap wheels have been re-conditioned and have fresh tires.

OK, That is the good on the car.  Now for the things needing attention. Everything works except the horn and turn signal return on the steering wheel.  The PO installed the steering wheel and I assume the horn is not properly hooked up.  It works from the relay when grounded but the horn button does not send a ground to the relay.  The speedo is off and reads high, 35 mph reads 45 mph.  The car has had the right front fender replaced at some point.  I had it aligned after replacing the front end parts and measured everything.  The car is straight and drives down the road straight.  It will need paint at some point.  It has been painted once and was not properly sealed so there is a crows foot kind of thing going on, not all over but probably 30% of the car has it.

I planned on painting it and having it as my driver but then I bought a '76 model here from Bill Meyer in Kansas.  I'm very happy with my new car so this one is up for sale.

IMG_3331.thumb.JPG.7f4b08bea8bb0dc088b41aba9f1ecbad.JPG

IMG_3332.JPG

IMG_3334.JPG

IMG_3336.JPG

IMG_3338.JPG

IMG_3340.JPG

IMG_3342.JPG

IMG_3343.JPG

IMG_3345.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

IMG_3348.JPG

IMG_3350.JPG

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3353.JPG

IMG_3355.JPG

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3360.JPG

Edited by Dosky
  • Like 1

Thanks! Look to be earlier E21 Recaros based on the style of knob and seat back lever. Did Dave reupholster them in standard or German vinyl?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

Well, I believe I paid $1,100 for the seats before going to Dave for reworking.  With his charges and shipping I have about $2,600 in them.  I don't know what reconditioned seats sell for so I don't know if that's fair.  When I was looking I could not find a set worth having.  These were in very good original condition when I bought them.

I have a guy looking at the car here locally.  He wants it with the seats and wheels if he buys it.  Let me see what he does and I'll get back to you.

If you know anyone looking for a good, sorted, rust free car send them my way and maybe we can get the car, both sets of seats and both sets of wheels coming your way.

• Like 1