• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool video.

They must have cut off the last few seconds of the video when the car responded: "calling Arby's in Nantucket". ???

• Haha 3

Tim Dennison

'72 BMW 2002 tii - Malaga,  '02 BMW Z3 Coupe Sterling Gray,  '09 BMW 650i - Carbon Black,  '15 BMW 228i Estoril Blue,  '19 BMW Z4 30 - San Francisco Red

I live about 10 minutes from where they filmed the scenes with the 2002 (Hidden Valley near Thousand Oaks, CA) and I just happened to drive by in my Colorado 2002 when they were shooting which was an amazing coincidence.  I had no idea what they were filming so I'm glad to have the mystery solved.  I thought it had to be a movie with the number of people and equipment which was quite impressive.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

They rented my 2002 for this commercial; if you've seen it please reply and let me know where you live.  I'm trying to figure out if it'is a regional or national ad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

'73 2002tii Colorado

'71 1600 cabriolet

'69 1600 cabriolet

I sell floor pans for coupes and 2002's

36 minutes ago, Mikepelly said:

They rented my 2002 for this commercial; if you've seen it please reply and let me know where you live.  I'm trying to figure out if it'is a regional or national ad. 

1. Saw in NYC, gotta be a National placement.

2. Let's see some pics of that car!

1 hour ago, Mikepelly said:

please reply and let me know where you live.

CANADA!  I've seen it twice so far.

I can't confirm which network I was watching.  Could be CNN, CBS, NBC.... Could also have been a Canadian network.  I'll check next time.

They sure like to use the Inka 02.  There was the 2010 Olympics ad with the Inka 02 nose to nose with an M4.  There was also an ad that featured a phalanx of modern BMWs being led by the Inka 02, circa 2013.

Edit: I just noticed that your car is a Colorado.  I'd swear that it looks Inka in the ad.

Edited by PaulTWinterton

73 Inka Tii #2762958

I have seen the ad a number of times as well from US feeds, most of them I've seen has been on CNN...so it’s likely national spots. Although the Canadian government likes to control the ad content we see here. 

Great ad, great lookin car.....hope they didn’t screw up the dash. Nice to see a classic Colorado get some props .....just sayin’

edit. Paul I think you may have been subjected to  too much Inka exposure ( lol)

Edited by joysterm
  • Haha 1

I've seen it here in Charlotte a few times.  What a great story you can now tell about your car.  Congrats!

Tim Dennison

'72 BMW 2002 tii - Malaga,  '02 BMW Z3 Coupe Sterling Gray,  '09 BMW 650i - Carbon Black,  '15 BMW 228i Estoril Blue,  '19 BMW Z4 30 - San Francisco Red

Upstate NY, seen it a bunch of times!  Guess they put the best car first in the ad!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

How much did you get?  I had my '85 911 rented last year for the DC Comics - Doom Patrol.  It's Dick Grayson's (Robin) car.  4 hours driving up and down a driveway.  Was paid $1,500!

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

9 hours ago, Mikepelly said:

Been playing in Detroit market for a week or so.

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

76 Sienabraun - sold  95 M3 - sold  06 M Coupe - sold

Where's Alonzo?!