Vicleonardo1

Has anyone tried the Corbeau Seats in their 02?

8 posts / 477 viewsLast Reply

Posted on another thread, I would like to find out if these may be a good option.

Corbeau makes a set of sport seats (Recaro knockoffs)  that are pretty reasonably priced. They also make seat brackets for the 2002. These were going to be my go-to if I hadn't stumbled across a reasonably priced pair of Recaro's from a MKII Jetta GLI on Craigslist. 

$598 for the pair. 

https://corbeau.com/sport-reclining/sport-seat.html 

2002 BMW brackets  are D146. 

Has anyone given these a go? 

(edited)

Wow, never realized those were priced per pair, that does look like a pretty good set of seats! Just too bad the don't seem to have a tan leather option. . .

I'm a little leery of whether those brackets would actually fit properly though based on their description with the entirely wrong years; is it confirmed that the 2002 seat mounts are common with early 6-series seat mounts?

"The Corbeau BMW 2002/630/333 seat brackets are manufactured to be a direct bolt in to the 1977-1989 BMW 2002,630 and 633"

Edited by AustrianVespaGuy

I had the opportunity once to take a close look at a pair.  They seemed well made and quite comfortable.  The seller was asking more than the $598 the website lists for used seats!  Needless to say, I walked away.  Seat mounting was similar to Recaro, with the threaded holes on the underside.  No idea if the spacing was the same or not.

If I hadn't found a pair of Recaro LX's in near-perfect condition, I was planning on getting the GTS II.

I was concerned I might not fit in them and didn't want to spend full price to find out, I'm 6' 6" with a 38 waist.

I found some old A4s off craigslist for $125, so took a chance.  I made an adapter out of angle iron (welding required) to fit the seats to the stock sliders.

They ended up being slightly lower and farther back, both good things for me.  Fit was fine for me, so I'll run these for a while and then probably upgrade to a newer/nicer set once the rest of the car is sorted out.

20160611_201640.thumb.jpg.f3a688d78bef269ae5df2a0b389346b3.jpg

• Like 1

P.O. put the GTS II's in my car.  They are very comfortable for both my wife and I.  To my eye they look a little large for the car; but they are good seats, and I don't plan to change them.

I've had those exact seats (vinyl version) in my e30.

https://flic.kr/p/eDkXFy

Vinyl aged VERY badly and cracked even with monthly conditioning and a car cover. Foam was too firm for a seat as well.

If you went with those, I'd say try to get the cloth or look at something else. They are well priced... but for a reason.