bluebmw

I'm a semi-finalist at SEMA and I need your help!

32 posts / 1784 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

The 2002FAQ was the first internet forum I joined, nearly 10 years ago (at 14 years old), and the community here has been nothing short of extraordinary. Y’all set the bar high! As you’ve probably seen, I have been making small-batch parts for 02s, mainly wood shift knobs, as a way to utilize my skills and give back to this community that has given me so much over the years. Recently, many of you have been asking why I stopped doing shift knobs, so let me show you!

I’ve been hard at work developing a mobile app and website to create an unparalleled community and set of resources for wheel enthusiasts, entirely free of charge. No doubt, I was inspired by the FAQ. I’m currently a semi-finalist in the SEMA Launch Pad - a business competition for founders under 40 (of which I’m the youngest, at 23). It would mean the world if you could take a moment to check out my demo video and vote at the link below. Only takes a few seconds :)

VOTING LINK: bit.ly/VotePaddock

Edited by bluebmw
updated title!
  • Like 9

I'd definitely vote in favor of your app (very clever, BTW--Tire Rack should buy it), but I'm not on Facebook so can't vote without setting up a Facebook account...yeah, I know.  I also have a flip phone and drive a 46 year old car  😉 

mike

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, mike said:

I'd definitely vote in favor of your app (very clever, BTW--Tire Rack should buy it), but I'm not on Facebook so can't vote without setting up a Facebook account...yeah, I know.  I also have a flip phone and drive a 46 year old car  😉 

mike

Thanks Mike! I wish it wasn't via Facebook, but that's apparently the best way to track things and prevent voting fraud. Appreciate your support, though! Feel free to share. :)

I'd definitely vote in favor of your app (very clever, BTW--Tire Rack should buy it), but I'm not on Facebook so can't vote without setting up a Facebook account...yeah, I know.  I also have a flip phone and drive a 46 year old car   

mike

That’s exactly why people like Riley (bluebmw) and I think people like you are so cool, Mike. No joke.

Voted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Very nice! Go Riley. I don't do facebook so I can't vote it looks like. 

• Like 1

That's very cool. Voted.

Try revising / restating your subject line here, to bring in more interest.

Cheers,

• Like 2

done. 

BTW, a colleague of mine was just hired by the Tire Rack to do UI/UX design. Hope they haven't highjacked your idea.

Good luck!

• Like 1

(edited)

No facebook so I can't vote either.  Good luck.  Even if Tire Rack does steal it, keep at it.  The bit from the video looks very legit.

Edited by irdave
  • Like 1