• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wham-Wham - BMW 1600-2 '67

Lucian
Go to solution Solved by Lucian,

• 3 weeks later...

Hope this next week will have ($) info from ins co's... attached is CA salvage certificate info....  and cost/bid to fix.....attached is CA GOV info sal car.... L

salvage cert.PNG

sal veh.PNG

reg sal veh.PNG

sal veh insp.PNG

• Sad 1

'67 BMW 1600-2 Sahara/Brown 133,000 ..'73 BMW R90/6 Blk/White pin/s 155,000

My last task was to put on original battery hold down now on my display table at office and as my faq avatar, I had used a BMW strap, a friend worked at BMW motorcycle distributors and all crates used the white strap, he had given me a couple,  around my new battery, the extra length is tied off, was going to use with my original hold down trim off extra, good idea to use along with battery hold down seemed to keep battery in place, I was going to put on "what have you done for your BMW today"   … L

BMW STRAP.jpg

battery hold down orig.PNG

Out of curiosity what was the cost/bid to fix-I think the original estimate was 12K (which seemed like less than 1/2 what it would cost to repair/restore)? What have you decided to do w/the car?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

I do not know my direction so far 1st time in this position, my insurance adj guy had not finished his work but from looking at my car was going to call it totaled and said from looking at internet he came up with 12k number, over that week end I sent him all my paid receipts after that found out the guy that hit me had insurance,  I was on const site and I show pic of  my car, I knew my client was lawyer but did not know his company was accident law  so signed with him, I was making no head way on my own and then my back starting hurting so going to Phy Ther, a friend said he was waiting for my back to flair after taken a hit like that … and will get dbl ck'ed with scans, so the new lawyers were going to get the police report and should have by now, my insurance company never sent me police report even though they said they would, they did not pay my storage and towing even though I have card from them free towing, my adj guy said ck for tow and stor in the mail, nothing so far, he went to tow company w/o ck ?  So I had to go and pay, big awaking about insurance, the car is at my mech's German Car Service and Scandinavian company to bid/price body. and another one is to bid/price. Sorry for the long story, hope I will some news this week … my Lawyer did say that normally the guy that hit me would have 15k prop damage insurance plus my ins.. do not know what that comes to probably 1/2 of what I have put in to it?    L  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I bought assembly and was shipped today … also  if drives straight a body shop with a stretch equipt is going to stretch it back in place, I have to take pic's of that, vid w/ audio if possible,  he felt good about it instead of new panel, my little Frankenstein!!! … CHP may be revising report will not release ….  a guess but hit/run guy may have skipped again?  Missed his day in court?   ...L  

Edited by Lucian
spelling, spelling again
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Should be doable for a whole lot less. Find a donor car ? and replace that Roseanne Barr arse with a SI bikini models likeness.

I did my 16s that way and she looks perfect ?. Don’t even think about the doubters talkin about the integrity of our 50 year old cars ? strength, think bout it, you feeling lucky punk? Not part of our logic, luck has a lot more to do with us and our cars staying alive. 

Total cost for metal work including a donor car ? $1500 well spent. Would I do it again? Maybe if it was a 34 Ford, or if I was Lucien’s age? Text me Lucien if you need insight. 530 925 5292

28 minutes ago, Lucian said:

10-18-19 Car on lift, installing struct assembly,  2 new shocks, rear shocks future,  radiator repair, then the drive ...  L 

28 minutes ago, Lucian said:

10-18-19 Car on lift, installing struct assembly,  2 new shocks, rear shocks future,  radiator repair, then the drive ...  L 

Love your dedication to the 1600-2!