• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

That little hydraulic line from the side of the brake reserv

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

bmw4.jpg

that goes to the clutch metal line is damp. Is that a dealer only item as it's different than any of the other brake lines (such as the blue hoses going to the MC), or can one substitute any other hydraulic hose type in it's place? This is on my '74 2002.

Guest Anonymous

of the lines running from the reservoir to the MC. I would think the factory would have used the same hoses if that were the case. The end on the metal line has a hose clamp and it's possible that the metal line and projection out of the reservoir are smaller diameter than the MC elbows and projections on the bottom of the reservoir. My paranoia says it's worth double-checking by asking again. Thanks Matt.

Guest Anonymous

line going to a PLASTIC tube to the clutch slave cylinder! I squeezed the tube and it turned to powder beneath my fingers! Shit, when did BMW dump the metal line and is that a potential trouble area for '75 and '76 owners? I couldn't look at the reservoir end as it too turned to powder when I touched it.

Guest Anonymous

a short lenght of rubber hose connecting the line to the reservoir at the top, and fitting directly into a grommet at the bottom. Later cars used a plastic line. Only plastic now available. It doesn't carry pressure, so doesn't have to be high pressure line. Fitting the metal line into the M/C grommet is a PITA--if you're replacing the M/C it's best done before reinstalling, then thread the M/C and line down thru the engine compartment.

Cheers

Mike

Guest Anonymous

most german parts houses, VW shops use it as well, it may be sold in 1 meter segments by the dealer, so the price might not be as bad as it sounds and less hassle if you have a local dealer