djminkin

Best 13” tire size for sporting look

31 posts / 3721 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Hi looking for recommendations on a 13” tire for a 13x5.5 wheel at stock ride height that looks the best please let me know the size

Edited by djminkin
Addition

Glad to throw my thoughts in the ring. "Best" of course is highly subjective - but I run Michelin 195 R13s on my 13x5.5" rims and think they look great. I've run 205s in the past and liked them but feel like they are a bit too much for the rim - better suited for 6"...

~Jason

28 minutes ago, djminkin said:

Hi looking for recommendations on a 13” tire for a 13x5.5 wheel at stock ride height that looks the best 

Don't get me started! Or Steve would say "don't get Paul started".   These tires not only perform nicely but they are very close to stock diameter and a great conversation piece as the tread is SOOO retro.  Pirelli CN36 available from Longstone Tyres England. Worldwide shipping is still free, I  believe.

Another excuse to post this picture AGAIN: ☺️

Pirelli_CN36_1.thumb.jpg.eddfb8980e4eaffcb6ce84ce79731cbf.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

"looks the best"......

round and black. ..........bwah, bwah ha.   lol

Mac. 

20 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Don't get me started! Or Steve would say "don't get Paul started".   These tires not only perform nicely but they are very close to stock diameter and a great conversation piece as the tread is SOOO retro.  Pirelli CN36 available from Longstone Tyres England. Worldwide shipping is still free, I  believe.

Another excuse to post this picture AGAIN: ☺️

Pirelli_CN36_1.thumb.jpg.eddfb8980e4eaffcb6ce84ce79731cbf.jpg

Those are really nice. What is the size. Do you remember the price per tire? 

185x70xR13.  If you go to the Longstone site they have all the pricing info. IMO they are not very expensive considering they are Pirellis and retro.    I will say that because they are the same diameter/circumference as the original 165x90s your speedo will be more accurate.

Delivery is very quick.  Not sure why.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/pirelli-collezione/cinturato-cn36.html

(edited)
4 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

185x70xR13.  If you go to the Longstone site they have all the pricing info. IMO they are not very expensive considering they are Pirellis and retro.    I will say that because they are the same diameter/circumference as the original 165x90s your speedo will be more accurate.

+1

Yep, for a sporting look, and (generally) no rubbing issues, 185/70R13 is great! The Pirelli and the Michelin XDX, in the 185/70VR13 size, are just about the last of the wider-than-stock tires available that retain a 1970’s appearance.

And, Paul, I think you should switch your avatar to that Cinturato pic! ? Or.... get a room! ??

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

(edited)

Although 205's, the vredestein tires are a great period option if you want a little more rubber.

39132485475_55fbf58012_z.jpg Adams Autosport, on Flickr

25159454357_eb5fd03163_z.jpgby Adams Autosport, on Flickr

Edited by AceAndrew
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Can you post a side picture of your car?

(edited)

There are lots of comments on the CN36 here and on the 911S forum. Falken has a very cost-effective alternative...it's a good-looking all-season, but I won't be testing the turn-in response and corner speed on this car

Edited by Mike A

(edited)
1 hour ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Sure!  Twist my arm.

Gastown15.jpg.667adec593ec8d15c9aa8e53554a618d.jpg

It does look great, Paul!

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

Although 205's, the vredestein tires are a great period option if you want a little more rubbing.

ftfy  :D 

Rubbing does not look like an issue on your yellow car, but I'm wondering what the O.P.'s offset is.

I think 185/70/13s are about the limit on e21 5 1/2" rims with an ET18.