Jump to content
resra

And we cry when someone asks $40k for their nicely restored

24 posts / 1307 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

(edited)

I'm the 8th bidder. Buying this for my ride on mower project.

Edited by Driv3r
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started on a Test Stand in 2017

 

oh, well, no doubt it’s worth $140K then for a bug engine. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)

Hmm... if I was ever able to spend at least $170K for automotive bliss, I’m thinking it would probably include an actual car.... 😯

 

Does that mean I’m un-sophisticated, or does it simply mean I’m a poor slob? 😋

 

Regards,

 

Steve

 

Edited by Conserv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Conserv said:

Hmm... if I was ever able to spend at least $170K for automotive bliss, I’m thinking it would probably include an actual car.... 😯

 

Does that mean I’m un-sophisticated, or does it simply mean I’m a poor slob? 😋

 

Regards,

 

Steve

 

 

You can start it on a stand every few years though. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Simeon said:

 

You can start it on a stand every few years though. 

 

But only if a four-cam expert is standing by... 😉

 

Best regards,

 

Steve

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a 4 Cam Fuhrmann. Wait until someone puts in back into a Speedster and see what that car goes for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super, super cool engine. Feels like the holy grail of the Porsche marque...

 

Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Conserv said:

.. 

 

Does that mean I’m un-sophisticated, or does it simply mean I’m a poor slob? 😋

 

Regards,

 

Steve

 

More likely it means your cerebrum is functioning properly and is equipped with a reasonable supply of rationality/common sense.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JsnPpp said:

Feels like the holy grail of the Porsche marque...

 

Head out to the Lakeway Friday Car Club lunches, Jason. This guy drives his original, non-restored, one-family-owned, 4 cam Carrera 2 all the time. Super cool car. 

0C8AC03F-4720-4779-ADA6-45774EB0BD58.thumb.jpeg.da10bcb4eef171af45338328cfad3488.jpeg

 

3D7DFCC9-F0BA-4A05-8D76-979C07389660.thumb.jpeg.45acf5552a2c04abab4808ed1ce13665.jpeg

 

254EDAD5-CC62-4DF0-ACC5-B84A7E0C3C43.thumb.jpeg.b14e6981ee48523f423cdb04a1b8827d.jpeg

 

Ed

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYNick said:

It's a 4 Cam Fuhrmann. Wait until someone puts in back into a Speedster and see what that car goes for!

 

I’m not immune to the beauty and rarity of a mid-‘50’s 4-cam, Nick. It’s just so much money for something that is so far short of a drivable car. It’s simply too far out my league!

 

And I’m guessing it will sell for some multiple of the current $170K!

 

Best regards,

 

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zinz said:

 

Head out to the Lakeway Friday Car Club lunches, Jason. This guy drives his original, non-restored, one-family-owned, 4 cam Carrera 2 all the time. Super cool car. 

0C8AC03F-4720-4779-ADA6-45774EB0BD58.thumb.jpeg.da10bcb4eef171af45338328cfad3488.jpeg

 

3D7DFCC9-F0BA-4A05-8D76-979C07389660.thumb.jpeg.45acf5552a2c04abab4808ed1ce13665.jpeg

 

254EDAD5-CC62-4DF0-ACC5-B84A7E0C3C43.thumb.jpeg.b14e6981ee48523f423cdb04a1b8827d.jpeg

 

Ed

 

Hats off to him!  I love seeing this - drive it, drive it, drive it!

 

Absolutely stunning color too.

 

Thanks Ed.

 

Jason

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.