Rop

Help with collum shaft dismantle with no key

12 posts / 324 viewsLast Reply

Hi guys

I am in serious problem as I lost the keys of my 2002 targa. I have a spair column shaft with key and I need to dismantle the collum of the car to be replace. I don't have a clue about doing this so I need help urgently. Obviously the car as the collum lock. I have full access to the car as I am repairing the bodywork and chassis. Many thanks in advance for your help 

If the ignition key matched the doors, you can have a new key cut from the number on the door handle. If not, you can remove the ignition tumbler to gain access to the steering lock. Or you can remove the entire column to replace. Unbolt linkage at steering guibo. Loosen steering column fixing clamp inside cabin at fire wall, remove bolts holding ignition/steering lock assembly from under dash. Unclip wire harness for turn signals and wipers, Now you can try and pull the column free. 

There might be a little white sticker in lock body that tells the Dealer how to cut key to that lock. A letter and four digits.

The two column bolts have shredding hex heads from the factory so you'd see convex heads on those bolts (if not changed later to normal bolts). You need to saw groove for flat head screw driver or weld bolts to them to undo if orginal bolts are there.

Hi guys

Many thanks for the tips we are amazing. Any chance to see any pics about the ignition lock? 

Many thanks 

2 hours ago, zinz said:

Certo. 

Vamos ver fotos do seu Targa, primeiro. 

bmw2_Page9.thumb.jpg.b15f8217905d6210326695af9007f38c.jpg

bmw2_Page5.jpg

bmw2_Page11.jpg

bmw2_Page7.jpg

4 horas atrás, tzei disse:

Pode haver um pequeno autocolante branco no corpo da fechadura que diga ao Dealer como cortar a chave dessa fechadura. Uma carta e quatro dígitos.

Os dois parafusos da coluna têm cabeças hexagonais retalhadas da fábrica, de modo que você veria cabeças convexas nesses parafusos (se não fosse alterado mais tarde para parafusos normais). Você precisa serrar a ranhura para a chave de fenda de cabeça chata ou os parafusos de solda para desfazer se houver parafusos originais.

Oi 

aqui temos as fotos que tirei da fechadura. há uma vara com a letra W e os números 7447 isso significa o ref da chave? Eu também peço ajuda a partir de agora eu tenho que continuar cortando os dois parafusos da fábrica no lado esquerdo, mas eu preciso saber quais os próximos passos que eu preciso fazer para remover a chave de bloqueio .thanks

Oi 

aqui temos as fotos que tirei da fechadura. há uma vara com a letra W e os números 7447 isso significa o ref da chave? Eu também peço ajuda a partir de agora eu tenho que continuar cortando os dois parafusos da fábrica no lado esquerdo, mas eu preciso saber quais os próximos passos que eu preciso fazer para remover a chave de bloqueio .thanks

Oi 

4 horas atrás, tzei disse:

Você pode obter um pequeno cartão branco no corpo da embalagem. Uma carta e quatro dígitos.

Os dois parafusos da coleção são hexagonais retalhados da fábrica, de modo que você faz ver as crianças se fixam nos parafusos. Você precisa de uma ranhura para a chave de fenda de cabeça ou para os parafusos de solda para ver se há uma falha de originais.

3 horas atrás, zinz disse:

Certo. 

Vamos ver fotos do seu Targa, primeiro. 

bmw2_Page9.thumb.jpg.b15f8217905d6210326695af9007f38c.jpg

IMG_20190811_184332.jpg

IMG_20190811_184450.jpg

IMG_20190811_184505.jpg

IMG_20190811_184527.jpg

IMG_20190811_184559.jpg

• Like 1

Hi 

here we have the pics i have take from the lock. there is a stick with the letter W and the numbers 7447 does that means the ref of the key? i also ask help from now of i have to proceed cutting the two bolts from factory  on the left side, but i need to know what next steps i need to do to remove the lock key .thanks

W 7447....Is your code. Give that code to locksmith or dealership. They can cut you another key using that code

On 11/08/2019 at 20:27, airborne85 said:

W 7447....Is your code. Give that code to locksmith or dealership. They can cut you another key using that code

I would like to thank you for all the help and tips all of you have given to me. I have order a new ignition cut key. It works perfectly then I dismantle the two lock doors to  change it with the same cut of the ignition. It works perfectly fine, then I remove the boot lock a order a new key as well. Many thanks to all of you, you are stars 

• Like 4