• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

valve spring pressure

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am assembling my head and wanted to know what the appropriate spring pressure is for a 304 schrick. I am running double springs but have never seen a reference to spring/seat pressure. When are double springs a requirement and when are they overkill?

Also how do you ensure that all pressures are equal when all prings are not created equal?

Guest Anonymous

The spring's seat and nose pressures are dependent on the installed heights.

Schrick does list the info you need, but only you can tell if the heights are correct on your particular valvetrain.

Good springs will be uniform enough no doubt (esp. Schrick springs, which are very high quality), but the variation in spring seat/nose pressures will be a result of wear & machining of the valve seat & face, which generally sink the valve further into the head & raise the installed heights (which lowers the spring pressures).

Measure the heights & use VSI brand inserts to shim where needed.

Guest Anonymous

Im running about 90-92lbs at seat and about 192-195lb at full lift. You have to do alot of mesuring. I have about 10,000 plus miles and had no prob with this set up. I do occationally run the car at tracks. About four times a year.