nhep23

Sold WTB: 2002

4 posts / 371 viewsLast Reply

Price: $100

Description:

Hey everybody!

I'm in the market for a 2002. I've been lurking on the site for a couple months now and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger.

Some requirements:

• Budget: <$10,000
  • Manual
  • Drivable condition (likely not in daily-driver condition at this price range)
  • Color: Prefer Inka or Colorado orange, but I'm budgeting for a full paint job so it's not a deal breaker if it's not orange.
  • Prefer roundie, but I would be okay with square
  • Prefer carbed over fuel injected

I'll be in LA until the end of the summer, after which I will be moving to Denver. It would be ideal if the car was located within a reasonable driving distance from either of those cities.

Feel free to post here or DM me with any info! 

I can’t help beyond recommending buying one in CA, before you leave, based on my last year of looking until I found something local. I’m in NY, but all of the cars of interest were on the West Coast. (I’ll be the first to say that I overpaid by at least 3K, but it was easier than traveling to find the right car. Of course, a month after I bought mine, they started popping up locally.) Take your time and find the right car, as so many seem to have wound up in that area. I think you’ll do better than you think with $10K. You won’t be going to car shows, but I think you can find a daily driver that needs a lot of TLC, but should be pretty mechanically sound. 

I'm based in Denver and own a 1973 2002. I may need to sell the car by Fall. The car is a very good driver quality that has been updated. It is Fjord blue and would need to be more more in the $17,000+ range. There are some other 2002's here in town but not many for sale. Let's connect when you get here and see if one might fit your needs. See my profile for a DM. Thx. R

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg