6 posts / 198 viewsLast Reply

Okay, before you guys or ladies jump on me for starting a new thread, I did search before this post. Could not locate a discussion concerning my issue. 

So, I have an a/c - heater in my 76 02. It does not work, no power, no nada when I move the switch. Can anyone who may have the time direct me on a chack list ( if ya will ) on what I can do to maybe narrow down the problem Thanks in advance....

Most 76 o2's with AC will have a heater and a separate AC unit housed in the console.  Assuming you are asking about a console AC unit, did you check your fuses or for a separate fuse for the Ac unit?  Make sure you have power to the switch.  Try the simple things first

good luck

(edited)

You are being much too vague to receive any meaningful help. Try again.

Did it ever work? When did it stop? Are you talking about the /c blower or the heater fan blower? Is it a Behr a/c unit or...?

Have you looked at fuses? Can you hear/see the a/c compressor clutch actuate?

Etc....

Edited by ray_
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ray_ said:

You are being much to  vague to receive any meaningful help. Try again.

Did it ever work? When did it stop? Are you talking about the /c blower or the heater fan blower? Is it a Behr a/c unit or...?

Have you looked at fuses? Can you hear/see the a/c compressor clutch actuate?

Etc....

My bad, your right. So I bought it as is. No clue on what type of a/c it is. And I failed to mention that I have checked the fuses and they are good. Whenever I turn on the a/c or the heater there is nothing, as if it does not have power to either unit. 

Well...

Post pics.

Prod the heater fan blade with a stick and see if it turns freely.

The wiring diagrams are on the site here, perhaps under technical articles. The behr a/c schematic is here somewhere also.  Go get your meter ;-)

(edited)
11 hours ago, ray_ said:

Post pics.

+1

A. Photo of A/C unit from inside the car, so we know what brand of A/C system you have. Lots of ‘02’s retain partial or even complete A/C systems that have not been operable for decades.

B. Photo of the right front corner of the engine compartment, so we can see if you even have a compressor and hoses in the car!

C. Photo of the knob you’re using to turn on the A/C.

D. Photo of the control you’re using to turn on the heater. Your description of the issue is so vague that I cannot tell if are actually operating the heater — by turning on the heater fan — or simply closing and opening the heater and defroster air valves, or the heater water valve.

Regards,

Steven

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 2