• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New old seats

Dudeland

And new pointers on these, or is the article still accurate?

Any suggestions on where to source new covers other than the usual suspects?

Looking for the tan color in 75. Pearl or parchment or something like that.

P.S

No need to integrate these with the efi... thankfully.

56db5f985fd48d8d0176873607a42704.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

12 hours ago, Dudeland said:

No need to integrate these with the efi... thankfully.

ouch...  I've been following the 20+ pages of that epic journey; I was hoping for a better result.

Good luck on the seats, those are easier to sort out.

• Thanks 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Those are from an E30 convertible or an M3, due to the horizontal stitching.

Covers for other E30s have vertical stitching, but will fit the same unless you want to add seat heaters, then you need to have the horizontal stitching in order to fit the heating elements.

Leather and vinyl can be had at either GAHH or World Upholstery, which has a thinner leather than GAHH, and the foam should still be available from BMW.

I suppose you could either buy new covering material for the back panels or dye it to match.

Probably a good idea to get new gas springs too, while you are in there......

As far as mountings, I have no idea.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 02Les said:

This Ebay Seller does kits for E30 seats. Whilst the Ad is for a Grey set, he also does Pearl Beige.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-325i-318i-M3-SPORT-SEAT-KIT-GRAY-UPHOLSTERY-KIT-NEW/264327006316?hash=item3d8b1e086c:g:NPwAAOSwSdZWch7D

BMW called the 1974-76 tan upholstery Nylon Brown on window stickers and Beige in their paint and upholstery brochures.

I don’t know how picky you want to be but Gobi Tan, the closest color World Upholstery appears to have, is appreciably more “fleshy” than the original Nylon Brown/Beige.  I’m not completely familiar with GAHH’s closest color, but I can’t easily recognize GAHH replacements — as I can with the World Upholstery seat covers — so I’m guessing it’s a better match to the originals.

Pearl Beige post-dates ‘02 production and I suspect it’s lighter and less “tan” than the original 1974-76 Nylon Brown/Beige.

My ‘02 cents.... ?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

31 minutes ago, Conserv said:

BMW called the 1974-76 tan upholstery Nylon Brown on window stickers and Beige in their paint and upholstery brochures.

I don’t know how picky you want to be but Gobi Tan, the closest color World Upholstery appears to have, is appreciably more “fleshy” than the original Nylon Brown/Beige.  I’m not completely familiar with GAHH’s closest color, but I can’t easily recognize GAHH replacements — as I can with the World Upholstery seat covers — so I’m guessing it’s a better match to the originals.

Pearl Beige post-dates ‘02 production and I suspect it’s lighter and less “tan” than the original 1974-76 Nylon Brown/Beige.

My ‘02 cents.... ?

Regards,

Steve

Correct Steve. Pearl is a lot lighter than Nylon Brown. I have that colour in my '83 E24.

DSCN6626sm.JPG.d677e4efbcea4a6db3327862b843bfec.JPG

• Thanks 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Thanks so much folks for the response. I am in TO tending to my other house.   Yes they are from a convertible, wow, great eye.  So I think I have pearl beige, which is fine. 

I would like to keep the seat heaters, but I will have to look into the circuitry required.    

I will take some pictures and see what folks have to say about the color.  I think the seats have been sprayed, so I will likely have to do the front and back seats.  No biggie....... why you say?.... because they don't interface with my EFI system.  :)

Regards

M

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

As to the seat heaters, PM me later and I will dig out the installation instructions and copy of the ETM wiring diagram....You need to have sufficient amperage to keep your lumbar warm.......

When you take them apart make sure to take pictures of the wiring routing as it will drive you crazy trying to get it right when it comes to re-assembly.

• Like 1

I did these.  Take special care when installing the heater elements not to fold them over onto themselves or they will overheat and burnout.  One heater was burned out when I bought the seats and it is not easy to find and repair the break.  New gas springs, ~$40 each x 4 per seat.

Passengers done 01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Here we go again, add seat heaters, alternator issues. Another 50 dollar prize I. The waiting. I had a guy do my front and rear seats, did a great job. I would suggest you get new elastics for the bottoms prior to starting the rebuild. Aardvark sells all the goodies, and knows his recaros.

9 minutes ago, golf02 said:

I would suggest you get new elastics for the bottoms prior to starting the rebuild. Aardvark sells all the goodies, and knows his recaros.

OP's seats are from a convertible E30 = not Recaros.

• Like 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif