pdx_ryan

Looking for bodyshop recommendation—Portland area

8 posts / 392 viewsLast Reply

Hi all, 

I got hit from behind at a stoplight on Friday. Guy got out of his car, looked around, and decided he didn't want to stick around and drove off. I had the presence of mind to take some photos of him, his license plate, and his car before he split. Crumpled the rear quarter and cracked the, as far as I know, original paint.

Now I'm beginning the insurance process.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a shop specializing in our cars?

-Ryan

Not in Portland, but up near Seattle in Renton is American Auto. I'm taking mine there to get the nose clip replaced. They've done several 2002s over the years. Note that while they do good work, they are not a concourse type of restoration shop. High driver level cars is their specialty where there is good value to quality. 

If you decide to inquire, ask for Junior. 

Thanks so much for the reco, @Teelinger

I'm interested in quality, but not concourse. I'll have to ask insurance about out of state repairs. 

If anyone has any local intel, I'd appreciate any leads.

Steve's Imports comes up in my google search as an option; a few 60/70s Porsches in the photos.

What side was crumpled? I have an OE quarter for the driver's side. Its just the back half of the quarter, about half way through the wheel arch. Its for an early car.

@RamcoNorris

its driver rear quarter, buckled right at the wheel well. This is a ‘76. Im not well versed in body compatibility.

Did you by chance post to Portland Craigslist recently? A guy bought a shop that had 3 dusty old panels but the post hasn’t been reposted.

@pdx_ryan

I bought those panels. Not sure the one I'm not going to use will work if its buckled at the wheel. My '72 is damaged in the same spot as yours so I plan on using the full panel he had for sale.

IMG-9648.JPG

IMG-9651.JPG

Ah, I just looked at these photos on my desktop computer (instead of my phone). 

I didn't think the taillight shape was cut into this section of the panel; mine is a late/square, so these will not work. 

Thanks for reaching out to offer.

-Ryan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.