• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guys - what are you doing?

Kidasters

Who is doing what?  You have all gone quiet.

Marshall - E30 M3 update?

Jim - did you sell the 911?  Any new projects?

Zinz - CS update?

Ray - anything?

I've got nothing.  I haven't done much.  Still need to replace the transmission cover plate on the R100.  I did send out the exhaust to Jet Hot and had it ceramic coated.  It looks really good.  Still need to tune carbs on the R90.  I tried to change the shoes on the front brake of the Bultaco, as well as put the 12V horn in it.  Shoes need to bed now (ie - bike stops worse than before), and horn still doesn't work.  75 Honda CB550 is dormant.  Ferrari is still not running - need to change/rebuild throttle cable and the throttle pedal assembly.

it's hot.  I need a vacation.  I need a garage like Marshall has, with A/C.

So - what's up guys?

• Like 1

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Well Marshall posted a video last week I think, of what he's been doing.

I've bee doing nothing interesting. The alternator o the ugly car quit charging. It'd been rebuilt a few years ago.

I saw an internal wire shorting against the case. And re-insulated it but dislodged the brushes so I sent it back to the shop in Mobile for them to go through again.

Would have bought a new one but this one allegedly will produce 90 amps...

Other than that, hot here :P

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Ray and Steve (Conserv) have been seen together at this years'  Vintage NC event.

I just completed (3) of the (4) BMW events this year... came home from Saratoga Springs NY today (887 miles RT in the blue car).

911 still for sale.  Guy from CO is the latest who is interested in it.

IMG_2571.JPG

• Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

CS runs great and was dropped at the upholstery shop a couple weeks ago, it might be done this week... maybe. 

My e28 continues to test my patience. The 5 speed we put in it has been noisy from day 1. JimK supplied me some Amsoil to try in it. I did that today and the magnetic drain plug left me with a less than pleasant feeling...

432247BB-D1BF-48D2-804D-D57059EA4A48.thumb.jpeg.de880b982be8fafb963994f161217345.jpeg

That’s only a couple 1000 miles with new Redline. ? It’s toast...

• Sad 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

On 7/14/2019 at 9:11 PM, zinz said:

CS runs great and was dropped at the upholstery shop a couple weeks ago, it might be done this week... maybe. 

My e28 continues to test my patience. The 5 speed we put in it has been noisy from day 1. JimK supplied me some Amsoil to try in it. I did that today and the magnetic drain plug left me with a less than pleasant feeling...

432247BB-D1BF-48D2-804D-D57059EA4A48.thumb.jpeg.de880b982be8fafb963994f161217345.jpeg

That’s only a couple 1000 miles with new Redline. ? It’s toast...

Ed, does that mean it's toast?  ALWAYS when I pull the drain plugs on the motorcycles (which use common oil for the engine and trans) they look like that...  I can't speak to the noise but that drain plug wouldn't freak me out, especially out of a new gear box- based on my background, which isn't Getrag gearboxes- but I'd put some new oil in it and drive it...

Edited by irdave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

41 minutes ago, irdave said:

I can't speak to the noise 

There’s more to it than just the drain plug... The tranny makes a lot of gear noise, and the fluid we drained had a lot of metal in it. I put new Amsoil gear lube in it and I continue to drive the car. The transmission is still very noisy, but shifts ok. 

I’ll play this game again in a few thousand miles and see how it looks.

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

25 minutes ago, zinz said:

I’ll play this game again in a few thousand miles and see how it looks.

Yeah, my oil always came out looking like normal oil...  Good luck.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.