Senna27

My Valve Job

6 posts / 354 viewsLast Reply

I haven't had my motor apart since my late friend Bob McCallum and I did a complete rebuild 33 years ago. Another friend, John Moriarty and I pulled the head and I took it to Markus Glarner to have him do his magic. If you don't know Markus, he does some of the finest work you've ever seen. 

While it was apart, I figured I take the opportunity to add a few goodies. I ordered IE HD valve springs, HD rocker arms, rocker locks and a new billet 292' cam. Markus also replaced the valve guides which he  tapered for better air flow. 

I'll let the photos tell the rest of the story. 

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_4157.JPG

IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3840.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

IMG_3847.JPG

IMG_4170.JPG

IMG_1788.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG-3466.JPG

• Like 7

You can still see the crosshatching on the cylinder walls after 33 years!  How many miles since that rebuild?

mike

13 hours ago, Preyupy said:

Break in the new cam and rockers with some break in oil!!!!

Thanks, I'll look into that. I still have a couple things to do before I fire her up.

3 minutes ago, mike said:

You can still see the crosshatching on the cylinder walls after 33 years!  How many miles since that rebuild?

mike

I know, I was amazed when I saw that. I would estimate about 65,000 miles. I wouldn't say those were exactly gentle miles either. ;)