mlytle

engine music

13 posts / 454 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

just got back from a track weekend.  (summit point shennendoah circuit)  tried putting the camera in different spots.

first..on front bumper right in front of left headlight.  this is less than a foot from the engine intake...

next up was a mount on the rear license plate.  this was about 6 inches above the exhaust....crank up the volume!

this was the in car view from another session.  (friend in right seat...)

Edited by mlytle
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

so fun! the camera on the bumper is amazing...

that one banked turn is awesome

How bloody cool is that!!!

i take it that’s your m2?

• Like 1

I have missed your track videos.  Thanks!  I still like the "back seat driver" view the best.

• Thanks 1

I like the sound from the front bumper view best, though for the overall visuals I agree the internal view where we can see the steering inputs is my preferred way to watch.  Nice smooth inputs by the way @mlytle;)

What's that wonderful data acquisition and track/speed overlay that you're using? Love that, want my own!!

• Like 1

(edited)

yes, internal view is best for driving analysis.  other views are just for effect! 🙂

that is not actually a DA system display on the screen.  video is from GoPro 5 Black.  it has built in GPS and accelerometer.  when editing video with the GoPro software, it only takes a couple of clicks to bring up that data.  basic, but EZ.

my real DA system is the little display in the car on top of the gauges.  high resolution recording of a number of car parameters that i can analyse.

Edited by mlytle

Smooth driving. Is that a quick-ratio steering box? -KB

• Thanks 1

(edited)

Thanks.  It gets a little more exciting at 10/10ths vs the 8/10ths in the videos during school run groups!

Most definitely not qr box.  Car would not be drivable with one.  I don't see how anyone uses those things.  Fat tires, race compound, offset strut spacers, high camber, small steering wheel.. All make for very high steering effort.  Don't really need quicker steering anyway.  😁

Edited by mlytle
  • Like 2

That video off the bumper is the most fun I've had NOT driving a 2002

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mlytle said:

Most definitely not qr box.  Car would not be drivable with one.  I don't see how anyone uses those things.  Fat tires, race compound, offset strut spacers, high camber, small steering wheel.. All make for very high steering effort.

My race car has a QR steering box - I guess I've (now) got stronger arms than you (insert smiley icon thingy here).

And/or, smaller, vintage tires, with less grip? -KB

• Haha 1