iinca

Ripped Off!

50 posts / 3012 viewsLast Reply

If I were you I would also report this to the California BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair). I would also highly suspect an inside job.

2 hours ago, iinca said:

Uhh it's pretty easy when you send me a PAYPAL invoice

I don't think that's necessary. He said he'd send you one (coil)  if needed.

:D

• Thanks 1

If this happened here, I'd ask you who had the keys to the car overnight. If the mechanic, then I could recover everything you lost including you're taxi fare to the mechanic shop. I'm not familiar with your laws in US but I'm sure there are ways to get compensation. 

• Like 1

You drove the car there, yes?  Now the car doesn't run - because it's missing the coil.  That's kind of big.  The stuff in the trunk...

Other than that, probably no real recourse - other than to wear the guys t-shirt around and when people ask about it tell them the story.

And I had a guy take me to small claims court one time, saying I broke some plastic on his motorcycle while I was working on it.  Guy couldn't prove it.  Judge threw it out.  Pain in the ass.  And I told the customer he shouldn't tie his bike down like that for the ride home in the back of the truck- he did it anyway.  WTF?  No more street bike customers for me.

I've used The Automotive Bureau of Repair on a shop that screwed up a truck front end I was having repaired. They have quite a bit of clout over shop owners in CA. After they contacted shop all my work was redone at no cost to me. Shop owner was ticked off I went to Bureau of Repair cause it caused him all kinds of grief but I gave him plenty of time to make it right and he didn't do a damn thing until they got involved.

• Like 2

What’s the shops name? My fiancé is from Tahoe and her parents still live in Carnelian bay. I’m actually in Tahoe all week. 

Yeah.  All this and no names?!?!?   You should be putting the shop name out as well as the owners name.   You have been asked a fee times and haven't done it.  Sounds like you are protecting the owner and shop for some (odd) reason.  

One take is that Iinca may be waiting to see if the proprietor gets his act together and makes things right for him. If this guy continues his apathy and/or digs his heels in and starts to battle, then its time to hit social media, BBB etc and give us all a heads up on what place to avoid. 

A play by play of what is going on may be helpful, so the other  02' brethren can chime in and help out. 

• Like 3

(edited)

I'm trying to hire Denny Crane as my attorney.

Famous tv lawyer from Boston.... and former Starship Commander

Edited by iinca
  • Like 2

I lived in Tahoe for 7 years, I was always shocked by the LACK of integrity, Something about the ski bum life seems to attract the dregs of the scum.

There were more than a few 02’s around there in the late 90’s. To steal a “Period Stock” black coil is a little telling, obviously someone had intimate knowledge of Your Tii, either someone may have seen it during the day and checked it out or was told it was there. A little too random for this specific issue. Most 02 owners would most likely Bin that coil for a Red/Blue so for that to be stolen says a lot.

trunk inventory should be covered by insurance with receipts provided

best of luck 

(edited)

Semi happy ending to the story. 

I did contact an attorney

The owner had some "conversations" with my cousin  ( attorney in Silicon Valley)...conversations that brought up the real possibility of an overwhelming world wide internet attack including a serious YELP beating' and "Facebook disaster"

After 90 minutes with my attorney the owner settled for $800 bux. No blood was shed. Cost me some landscaping time (that's what I do) at his house.

I am still looking for replacement parts ie console being my main priority...

I was gifted an original Black Coil..the day after I received a new one from Bluntech lol

Edited by iinca
  • Like 4

Glad to hear that $$$$ changed hands. Hope you get made whole again.

• Like 1

Great result for you and the local 02 fellas who will know not to use this shop in future.

Good luck