• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ripped Off!

iinca

God DAMN it this infuriates me. I am terribly sorry for the attitude and apathy towards yourself. 

Absolutely check signage, surveillance and insurance on location. Even if he has a sign posted WITH correct ordinances cited, it just means he is not personally liable. His business and insurance however, ARE.

Seems like he could definitely be involved, but you never know, maybe lots of people have tried to dupe him and he's sick of it. (I really doubt that given his reaction towards you though.)

Don't relent on this, PLEASE. if you can't get the ball rolling pretty soon, try your absolute best to get legal proceedings wrapped up before a 2 year from incident mark, as past that anything will be near impossible to exact justice. Best of luck to you sir.

31436374517_8d8d287049_o.jpg.2d76303dce729a94519ce58b66156f83.jpg

Crappy thing to go through. I would speak to the owner again, heavily bluff your importance/connections in the automotive universe and calmly advise that if he doesn’t make this right, you will do everything in your power to reflect this experience on his reputation (Yelp, BBB, other online review sites, posts on automotive forums, etc). That’s your best leverage in this day & age.

If he doesn’t make any attempt to address your loss in a meaningful way, follow through with your threat to the best of your ability. 

As far as legal avenues, taking him to court, surveillance footage, etc, I wouldn’t even bother. I get everyone here wanting to vicariously feel your shining defeat over an outrageous injustice, but who has the time or brain cells for all that? Moreover, you don’t reside in the area...and you’d probably lose anyways as it will quickly become a “he said, she said” deal.

Better to just slam the s**t out of him and move on with life. 

Good luck with the black coil and sorry this happened.

Edited by COOP

Sorry to hear about your situation.

What type of signage does this firm have that describes their responsibility to customer's cars while in their possession?   Was the trunk locked?  Did you provide them with the trunk key as well as the ignition/door key when you dropped off the car?

You can buy a new coil and spray paint it black to look like your original.

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I decided not blow them away. I wouldn't look good in an 

orange jumpsuit anyway...Although it would be cool to talk to Keith Morrison about 

why I did it and how much of a POS this guy is..

I live here half the year so I know the shop well. I've known the owner nearly 20 years.

BUT I didn't know he was such a chiselin' rat bastard.

No surveillance..and they had the key to the trunk.

No more talking...

It's easy to file in small claims and I'll get to that after the holiday..

but in the meantime I'm focusing on getting the car back to normal

The hunt for the parts is on.

I'm seeing parts locally on Craigslist. Found a nice 73 stamped spare

yesterday in Reno. Actually 2 of them. My current spare is a late model steelie and it doesn't allow the trunk

board to lay down flat. Found control arms in the Bay...

Edited by iinca

9 minutes ago, iinca said:

Are new coils not black? 

It depends on what Bosch is offering.   Newer "Blue" and "Red" Bosch brand coils are silver with a colored sticker.  Think the generic coils are black.   What do you say @BLUNT

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

5 minutes ago, jgerock said:

It depends on what Bosch is offering.   Newer "Blue" and "Red" Bosch brand coils are silver with a colored sticker.  Think the generic coils are black.   What do you say @BLUNT

00010  is the black coil but is actually silver with colored sticker. 00010  is what you are concerned with to get the correct coil. I can send you one if needed 

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

2 minutes ago, iinca said:

Fancy! If it will work I'm down with it.

Do you want to try the new site? Id be interested in what you think about ease of use

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com