mbausa2001

One piece molded carpet

8 posts / 479 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Has anyone tried one piece molded carpets for an '02? I'm well aware of Esty's carpet kit. Just wondering about the molded ones.  Thank you 

Edited by mbausa2001
typo

I tried the one piece years ago. It came from Bav Auto. I unwound it out of the box and kinda laid it out. It was small, weird and I had no ideal how to get it to lay flat. It looked like a freakin' prune. It went back into the box and returned. A hopeless product. I think the one piece would require a good carpet guy cutting and fitting on site. So, I bought Al's kit. Al was really big on the faq for a while but got cross-ways with a few folks in the usual way, Esty being one I think, and she flattened him...so to speak.? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JackF said:

I tried the one piece years ago. It came from Bav Auto. I unwound it out of the box and kinda laid it out. It was small, weird and I had no ideal how to get it to lay flat. It looked like a freakin' prune. It went back into the box and returned. A hopeless product. I think the one piece would require a good carpet guy cutting and fitting on site. So, I bought Al's kit. Al was really big on the faq for a while but got cross-ways with a few folks in the usual way, Esty being one I think, and she flattened him...so to speak.? 

Thanks- liked the analogy! 

IIRC World Upholstery advertises in the Roundel for them. I don't know a thing about them, but you might call. 

2 hours ago, Einspritz said:

IIRC World Upholstery advertises in the Roundel for them. I don't know a thing about them, but you might call. 

so does StockInteriors dot com. don't know much about them either. Thanks   

one piece sets may still be available..i don't know but they are what caused me to start this crazy carpet business in the 1st place.... i bought 2 different ones for my 76 years ago and never got over the installation frustration or the poor fit

it is sorta like wrestling a bear and glue it to the floor

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, esty said:

it is sorta like wrestling a bear and glue it to the floor

Yeah, but if I saw that happening, I’d bet on you, esty!  ?

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I looked at some one piece carpets for my 76 but was turned off immediately by the poor choice of colors. What colors were available were generic crappy looking crap. No thanks.