Highnote1

IE alloy pedal install help

9 posts / 450 viewsLast Reply

Starting to mock up the gas pedal placement. I have the bearing and the bearing keeper installed on the rod. The supplied bearing is small enough that when you press on the pedal, the first thing you hear is a metallic click as the pedal hits the bearing. I have tried at multiple angles but because the pedal is spring loaded, it is always not in full contact with the bearing. Any ideas? Surely having that noise every time you press the pedal was not part of the design. Seems like bearing should be bigger or bearing “track” smaller. Thanks in advance!

Would moving the pedal mount forwards eliminate the gap between the bearing and pedal?

Because the pedal is spring loaded, as far as I can get it forward with the curve of the floor going up the fire wall, it still does not contact the rail until you press it resulting in the “tick”

What about rotating the rod down, would that move the bearing out? 

The bent rod that runs through the box was rusty on mine and is weaker as a result.  Every so often I give it a pull up, to bend it back into shape and make sure I am getting full throttle.  You could try pulling up on yours to see if that makes it hit the back of the pedal.

I have not tried rotating or bending yet but will give it a try tomorrow. Does the rotation happen right outside of the pedal box? I have not ever adjusted any of the pedals before. Thanks for the suggestions. 

Yes, on the outside of the box is an arm that links the rod to the vertical throttle rod on the firewall. Loosen the bolt, adjust the arm to where you want and tighten. 

8923AC08-9704-4249-8E07-212FE8F13285.jpeg

• Like 1

Awesome! That looks like a piece of cake. Thanks! I’ve done floors, rocker, and steering box now...but not pedal adjustments!

Mine does the same thing. Since I'm running a solid linkage and replaced all the loose rod joints with heims, the pedal vibrates with the engine when I remove my foot. No matter how I adjusted it, the spring return would push the bearing onto that rear bracket at rest.

I added a strip of thick stick-on felt to that metal bracket behind the bearing. The bearing still rests there when I'm off the pedal, but it doesn't click or vibrate now.