Clint Carroll

Group Buy of Recaro Seat Rail Adapters

27 posts / 996 viewsLast Reply

I never check the parts wanted section, only the parts for sale. I didn't see this listing until today. Is it too late to get added to the list?

Emailed you the group string so you can arrange payment to Lee if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

Production indeed had started by August 22nd and all kits were shipped yesterday, September 24th. Production was basically four weeks. I hoped I could have done it in three. But, oh well. Sometimes small jobs get pushed by bigger ones. 😉

Everyone shall receive their parts by early next week. I made 4 extra sets (four cars / 8 seats) and they are available at the regular price of 180$cad (roughly $135usd) + 30$cad shipping. Steve at Bluntech will most likely have a few sets fo sale too. Purchase Steve's first. Then when he's out of adapters, contact me. 😉 

These adapter fit all bolt patterns found on Recaro seats.

4 x 6mm mounting

6 x 6mm mounting

4 x 8mm old style mounting (VW seats most of the times - Trophy)

4  x 8mm new style (longer distance between mounting points).

All required fasteners included and they are zinc plated and grade 12.9

Thanks all for participating to Clinton's group buy

• Like 2

Hey Lee, 

Thanks for the brackets...now I can get rid of the custom brackets I cobbled together.  

I'll try to get some better pics, but these are old Recaro Trophies out of an 88' VW. I wanted to have some fun with this interior and picked out cloth for the seat centers and door panels. It's not for everyone, but I am happy with the end result.  

20190920_143341_resized.jpg

• Like 1

(edited)

Hey Lee, 

I was thinking about it last night, and I have actually had these Recaros for about 12 years and they have been in 3 different cars. They always had the factory gray centers until now. 

About 10 years ago they were in my E30 and guess who I bought the adapters from?  

I love the look and feel of these seats.... thanks for helping me adapt my seats to my different BMW's.  

Edited by Squid's 02
  • Like 1