Cruzr

Another fake ad? Buyer beware!

9 posts / 707 viewsLast Reply

Car has blue CA plates, and the background in the pictures look more like San Francisco/Bay area than South Carolina.  There's also evidence of an old oval German license plate under the front CA plate.  Not necessarily suspicious, but the low price--from a dealer--raises flags the same color as the car...or it's a great deal!

mike

Oval license plate is not a German plate. Never got oval plates here in Germany. Andy

Pics came from an Ebay auction May 2015 when the car was (reportedly) in San Francisco.

2 years later, the car was on mobile.de for sale in Starnberg, Germany.

The oval plates are German customs plates. I bought my first '02 in Germany and had these plates to allow me to drive it legally in Germany & eventually to England, where I sent the plates back, BUT, never got my deposit back!

677635895_Bristol1cr.jpg.43df24311ef57b8d65779d04f5c1ee94.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The picture with the houses behind it is definitely in San Francisco I would stake my life on it. I live in Oakland and my family has a house in sf so if been there a couple times lol.

6 hours ago, 02Les said:

Pics came from an Ebay auction May 2015 when the car was (reportedly) in San Francisco.

The oval plates are German customs plates. I bought my first '02 in Germany and had these plates to allow me to drive it legally in Germany & eventually to England, where I sent the plates back, BUT, never got my deposit back!

Fully correct. The oval plates were the old german custom plates here until some years ago. 

Nowadays called export plates, do have rectangular shape, red field on the right showing the date of expiry in it.

Best regards, Lars.

On 6/28/2019 at 1:53 PM, 02Les said:

I didn't have to send mine back.

20190629_135341.jpg

• Like 4

I guess I didn't have to send mine back, but if I did I would get a few DM back. I guess they could then re-use them for another customer. As said, I sent them back and received nothing.