Mike A

DIY mystery

9 posts / 663 viewsLast Reply

I want to laugh at this and shout like a grumpy old man on a porch, but I have forgotten that last step twice.

A quart of oil strategically placed EVERYWHERE sucks. 

"Screw the oil filler cap back on securely, and you’re done."

Wow! For a guy like me that article is helpful. I would give it a try but I cant open my hood! I release the latch thingy but I keep tugging and tugging on the front of the hood but it wont go up!....?

and what kind of oil?

Canola? Hemp Seed? Olive?

This is funny, almost. Most people didn't know how, or even why to check their oil. That's why the manufacturers made it electronic and idiot proof. 

Now a light goes on. Dash lights are hard to ignore.

52 minutes ago, NYNick said:

This is funny, almost. Most people didn't know how, or even why to check their oil. That's why the manufacturers made it electronic and idiot proof. 

Now a light goes on. Dash lights are hard to ignore.

Not too sure about that.

When I get in wifeys' truck and start it up, the dash lights up like a pinball machine. When I ask her about it, she says "Its been like that for awhile. Oh and honey, the truck smells funny after I drive it for awhile".... 

9 minutes ago, Vicleonardo1 said:

"Its been like that"

That's about the only response I can think of that really, really pisses me off. No it hasn't "been like that" or I wouldn't have $&@!+#% asked!

31 minutes ago, Vicleonardo1 said:

Not too sure about that.

When I get in wifeys' truck and start it up, the dash lights up like a pinball machine. When I ask her about it, she says "Its been like that for awhile. Oh and honey, the truck smells funny after I drive it for awhile".... 

I can relate. I check the oil (with a dipstick) every time my daughter comes home. I'm pretty sure my wife doesn't know how to check the oil in here Subaru. Hell, I bet my 30 something NYC living son doesn't know how to check the oil on his 2019 Mazda.

It's not gender specific.

Maybe I should've said it's HARDER to ignore. Of course, a seized engine is REALLY HARD to ignore, and then it becomes our problem.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 10:01 PM, Vicleonardo1 said:

and what kind of oil?

Canola? Hemp Seed? Olive?

Now you need CBD oil... it does eeeeeeeverything...