Sign in to follow this  
djminkin

Wheel construction help.

7 posts / 419 viewsLast Reply

Hi everyone building a set of wheels from my centers I have and the builder has asked for the following info on a stock 02 no flared fenders. I don’t have access to my car to measure. Maybe someone has done this before?
From the brake hub where the center of the wheel meets go outwards to the edge of the fender 
From the brake hub going inwards until hitting the strut 
Please do both front and rear 

Hi Danny, that is a very theorhetical approach.

Because the Diameter (of the wheel / tire so it doesn't hit the spring)  as well as camber, Hub and Brake Disc (Turbo hub adds a lot) is missing in requirements to give a number.

(edited)

Well it’s a Alpina flat rim that will be built up to 15”. These are the measurements he asked for in order to make the width for both sides.  The car is a ti with the original suspension and brakes 

Edited by djminkin

(edited)

so in other words the question is which size and offset of 15" wheels (with which tires) will fit a standard body

With size and Offset you've got the dimensions

Edited by uai

1 hour ago, uai said:

so in other words the question is which size and offset of 15" wheels (with which tires) will fit a standard body

With size and Offset you've got the dimensions

He knows I need a Et25 offset but I guess he needs these dimensions to make sure the wheel doesnt rub.  Hes telling me can do a 8" wheel with a 2.5"-3" lip.  I dont want it to look like a Japanese car just tasteful with a nice lip on it.  

1 hour ago, djminkin said:

He knows I need a Et25 offset but I guess he needs these dimensions to make sure the wheel doesnt rub.  Hes telling me can do a 8" wheel with a 2.5"-3" lip.  I dont want it to look like a Japanese car just tasteful with a nice lip on it.  

With an 8” rim that has a 2.5”-3” lip (although I’m not certain how you’re measuring that lip), it certainly seems that you’re going to be rolling fender lips and pulling fenders. I think the “ti” behind the “2002” says much more about your car than the largest rims you can fit.... ?

Best regards,

Steve

1 minute ago, Conserv said:

With an 8” rim that has a 2.5”-3” lip (although I’m not certain how you’re measuring that lip), it certainly seems that you’re going to be rolling fender lips and pulling fenders. I think the “ti” behind the “2002” says much more about your car than the largest rims you can fit.... ?

Best regards,

Steve

I agree I don’t want something ridiculous and I definitely don’t want to roll fenders. 

• Like 1