al2002tnz

License Plate Position/Fitting

3 posts / 287 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

I am getting my 2002 Turbo front spoiler re-painted with new decals etc and keen to know how people are fixing license plates to spoiler. I notice in original 2002 Turbo press shot that its mounted high to allow flow of air through the large wide hole, as half plate sits on spoiler and half above wondering if there was a special mounting bracket ?

61878032-16DC-44C6-99BE-6972D0E4814D.jpeg

Edited by al2002tnz
add pic

I think it depends on your Country / State / Locale and if Law Enforcement really cares enough to make it an issue.

Most of the cars i have chronicled that have a "half plate" as you show have it mounted as you show. I have seen one or two attached where the "Turbo" is in your picture, but it is really not long enough for the "half plate", but might fit an oval plate.

But most do not have a plate affixed at all.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:10 AM, Einspritz said:

I think it depends on your Country / State / Locale and if Law Enforcement really cares enough to make it an issue.

Most of the cars i have chronicled that have a "half plate" as you show have it mounted as you show. I have seen one or two attached where the "Turbo" is in your picture, but it is really not long enough for the "half plate", but might fit an oval plate.

But most do not have a plate affixed at all.

Thanks, I am in NZ. Thinking I’ll do half plate so just need to work out how to affix.