Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Thanks Mike!

6 posts / 743 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

A big thanks to Mike Self, who came out to Rochester last weekend and gave a talk to the Genessee Valley Chapter.  We started the day at a club member's house, and had about 35 people show up with everything from a new 530e plug-in hybrid to a 1969 2002 with an automatic transmission and 15,000 original miles.  We also had a gaggle of Tourings, including variants from e30, e46, and e90, and a couple of z3 and z4 roadsters.  After folks had time to check out all the cool cars, and to stock up on coffee, bagels, and donuts, Mike chauffeured me in my e46 Touring so I could navigate a short drive for us through the hills to get to  The Little Speed Shop , who graciously opened up for us on Saturday and let us set up a BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair) lecture in their repair bay.  After Mike's talk, the discussion continued in the parking lot until we finally had to pry Mike away from the 2002s to take him to lunch.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 5

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

• Like 2

If I wasn't working full-time, I might have joined Mike for that trip. It's nice to have him living so close to me. Lotsa help with my 02!

PVGP2018GeorgeMikeScott.jpg

Ian,

It was a great day, and certainly worth my trip over from Buffalo to enjoy it.  Thanks to you and Scott and all the others who worked so hard to make it happen.  I really enjoyed meeting Mike and talking about '02's with him.  Keep The cruise to Mid America in mind for next year.

22 hours ago, Wahnsinn said:

Ian,

It was a great day, and certainly worth my trip over from Buffalo to enjoy it.  Thanks to you and Scott and all the others who worked so hard to make it happen.  I really enjoyed meeting Mike and talking about '02's with him.  Keep The cruise to Mid America in mind for next year.

Thanks for coming, it was great seeing you; let's keep the 2002 community active in WNY!