Sign in to follow this  
roman.lysiak

73 tii advance curve

7 posts / 468 viewsLast Reply

The blue book shows 2 curves for the Tii, USA and ROW.  Being in Toronto, I assume you want the Rest of World version.

1000 RPM - 2 to 7 Degrees BTDC

1500 RPM - 12 to 17 Degrees BTDC

2000 RPM - 18 to 22 Degrees BTDC

2500 RPM - 24 to 28 Degrees BTDC

You should time it to see the 25 Degree BTDC Flywheel Ball in the viewing port at 2400 RPM.

Mark92131

Your springs are a little weak (hence the early and greater advance) but that’s probably OK as long as you are not getting any pinging at high rpm under load.

It is definitely advancing and that’s a good thing. 

20 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

The blue book shows 2 curves for the Tii, USA and ROW.  Being in Toronto, I assume you want the Rest of World version.

If your Canadian car has a US-run VIN (i.e. 276xxxx)--and most 2002s in Canada are US VIN cars, at least from what I've seen--I suspect it's got a US spec dizzy...as the ROW tii's had an entirely different VIN, higher compression pistons and thus a different curve.

mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike said:

If your Canadian car has a US-run VIN (i.e. 276xxxx)--and most 2002s in Canada are US VIN cars, at least from what I've seen--I suspect it's got a US spec dizzy...as the ROW tii's had an entirely different VIN, higher compression pistons and thus a different curve.

US Curve below:

1000 RPM - 0 to 4 Degrees BTDC

1500 RPM - 10 to 14 Degrees BTDC

2000 RPM - 15 to 20 Degrees BTDC

2500 RPM - 21 to 26 Degrees BTDC

2700 RPM - 25 Degrees BTDC

You should time it to see the 25 Degree BTDC Flywheel Ball in the viewing port at 2700 RPM.

The ROW curve changed from above in countries like Germany with .4 g/l lead content limit in their gasoline.

1000 RPM - 2 to 3 Degrees BTDC

1500 RPM - 8 to 12 Degrees BTDC

2000 RPM - 14 to 18 Degrees BTDC

2500 RPM - 20 to 24 Degrees BTDC

You should time it to see the 25 Degree BTDC Flywheel Ball in the viewing port at 2900 RPM.

Hoffman also released tuning notes for the Tii model that was different the the Blue Book that may be of some value, see attached PDF files.

Mark92131

1026903163_HoffmanFI_cover.pdf 1632672783_HoffmanFI_page1.pdf 1398068904_HoffamFI_page2.pdf