nbristow01

Getrag 245 question on a part

5 posts / 418 viewsLast Reply

I have a 245 that was in my friends car.  When I got it the Allen head screw, in pic, was out. Im

not sure what it is for.  I know where it goes but will not screw down all the way.  If you screw it in the trans will not shift.  I think this screw is pushing on the select rod.   

I have looked at pics of other 245s and it appears to be in all the way but mine won’t 

any idea on what is the correct way to install this?   

Thanks for any help 

E0F971DC-7722-43F6-A5E4-86077589AC87.jpeg

244214E6-F8CB-4EAA-88BB-56E2EFB917EE.jpeg

39952048-D02C-454E-B043-678EEFE86E23.jpeg

ACBD6730-E8CE-4C4F-A470-0E5734844435.jpeg

CFCCA9FD-D78D-4126-8220-7B59B5D1FBDD.jpeg

I saw those diagrams but they do little when you are trying to find the correct positioning of a certain part...that requires a question to someone that is familiar with assembly. 

Luckily the 2002 FB page has great members that have been very forthcoming and gave me the guidance I was after 

I saw those diagrams but they do little when you are trying to find the correct positioning of a certain part...that requires a question to someone that is familiar with assembly. 

Luckily the 2002 FB page has great members that have been very forthcoming and gave me the guidance I was after 

...the implication that I was holding out on you has been noted.

t

• Haha 1